Flying With Ba To Thailand

WilliamCave

Hello I am flying with British airways in about 3 weeks, and would like to take on the plane my sons safety car seat for him to sit on in the plane and use the safety belt on the plane to strap it down, is this allowed?

I am flying from London to BKK

BA website

You can use them as in the above link. I only tried it once however and had problems. Our daughter was nicely settled and asleep ready for take off when the flight attendant informed me it wasn't an approved seat because it had a plastic back. I tried to find out from him the criteria, as I had checked in with the seat in full view, but he couldn't say exactly what it was. Anyway we had to take our daughter off the seat and sit her in my wife's lap which of course meant she woke up and starting crying. As a consequence I had a battle with the attendant most of the flight. It was only when we were getting ready for landing that the head flight attendant noticed that I wasn't exactly seeing eye to eye with the attendant. After we had landed and never used the seat the head attendant informed me that our seat was in fact OK !! On the return leg the seat was taken from us at check in and we were supposed to get it back when got on the plane, only to be informed that it had been put in the luggage hold and we couldn't get it until the flight had landed !!

So yes you can use them, but I would check with them first that your particular seat is ok and if possible get it in writing, because the flight attendants don't seem to have a clue !!

I run across this all the time. Make sure it is FAA approved first of all. This is usually designated on the brochure or on the chair itself. But, the main problem is making sure you have a seat for the saftey seat. I'm guessing the child is under 2 and if is this case you have not bought a seat for him but paid a 10pct charge for him to sit on your lap. If the flight is full you will not have an extra seat to put the safety seat on. Over 2 you have bought a seat so if the saftey seat is approved it will be ok.

Request a bulkhead seat with a bassinet if the baby is young enough. This gives him his own space and will make a more comfortable flight for you.

But do notify the airline directly that you are travelling with a baby though it should be in the record already. This way any extras will be boarded on the aircraft such as extra nappies and formula if needed.

I have payed for a seat for my son. The car seat is approved for the canadian market. I also got on BA web site and it seems they accept them if they fit in the seat...and id can be strapped in with a seat belt..I will give it a try.

Edited by WilliamCave