Accomodation In Minburi

I'm looking for a one month lease on a room/apartment/townhouse near the Ruamrudee International School in Minburi. Locations in Bangkapi or near the airport would aslo be acceptable.

I would like something inexpensive (<10000THB). It's possible that I'll have potential roommates to share larger accomodations.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

It's my first session, too. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat as you. Found the prices of Kantary House quite steel :o I wrote to Rumruadee already and am waiting for a reply. I used to live in Bangkok, but Minburi is way out there, and it's better to have something around the school. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine in Bangkok to call a Mansion I found online. Will keep you posted. If you hear something first, would you keep me posted, too?? :D Thanks

Yes, of course. I've been assured by other replies on this forum(in the Bangkok Forum) that accomodation will be easy to come by near the school, but I can't find anything online. I've found apartments near Ramkhanhaeng University for 5000THB/month, but nothing closer.

Will keep you posted.

Ramkamhaeng Uni is too far away...this is the message I got from a friend about Tara Garden: the rate for their apartment during 10 Jun - 09 July for air condition room per day is 600 baht (normal condition), 700 (more sofa), suit 800 baht (bigger room + sofa), and suit 1,000 baht (bigger room + living room) and all the booking just make by the phone call and they will charge for the deposit 1 day on arrival, if you want to rent 1 month they will give 20% discount and you have to pay for the room when you are check in,

TARA GARDEN

3 Soi Ramkhamheang 164, Ramkhamheang Rd,

Meanburi, Bangkok, http://taragardenthai.com

Have asked her to look into the other option that your other post mentioned (Patarapak apartments), as well as the one I found online. I guess, we would find more options if we read Thai ourselves! :o

Hi, I've been using this map: http://www.bangkokrecorder.com/google-map/bangkok-map.html

If you follow Ramkhamhaeng out towards Minburi, RIS is near "Khlong Song Ton Nun." Then zoom in near the "Perfect Golf Driving Range." The map will show RIS when you zoom in enough.

The Panya Place is close! Just go up Ramkhamhaeng 182 or 186, and it should be right across the big Ramkhamhaeng road on R. 203.

Maybe this is the place?

The prices for Tara garden are a bit high for me.

I'll try to contact Panya.

Thanks

Thanks for the map. It's really helpful. Tried writing to Panya Place, but the email bounced back. Am also trying to find something cheaper than Tara...just found these, which seem closer than Panya. http://en.9apartment.com/detail-en/?Apartm...07612047507872#

http://en.9apartment.com/detail-en/?Apartm...08314183362518#

Edited by Sindhu

Sorry, I was on vacation for a week.

I emailed both of the apartments you found too, but haven't received a response.

Friends say it shouldn't be a problem to find an apartmant on short notice, so I'll arrive two days early and search for something near the school, maybe one of the places you've found...

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Can I ask, where are you?

I'm in Vietnam and will have difficulty having the books for my classes sent here due to customs restrictions (it may take months for them to be read and approved (and taxed)).

Are you someplace that I can have the books easily shipped to? And, more importantly, would this be too much of an imposition? I understand that this may not be practical for you.

Thanks

Someone in the second year said it's good to live near the school or the Kanary House in order to do group work in the evenings.

The school has a bus to and from the Kanary House that I believe we can use.

He also said the Kanary house is in a nice area -- conveniences, restaurants -- moreso than the school.