Taxi Driver Gets British-Slapped - Who do you believe?

BigBruv

17 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

Have you never been 'had' with the classic "you only gave me 100 baht" (not 1,000 baht) trick in Thailand?

no. seems only high quality tourists/expats have this sort of thing happen to them. drinks on me tonight. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

quite surprised you are supporting the violent act bob. no matter the accusation its not ok assaulting a taxi driver over a few baht. 

thieves deserve more than a slap mate!...

in some countries they get their hands chopped off and rightly so!

bob.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

thieves deserve more than a slap mate!...

in some countries they get their hands chopped off and rightly so!

bob.

you have proof there was a theft ? or just the words of an unhinged drunk brit. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, stoner said:

no matter the accusation its not ok assaulting a taxi driver over a few baht.

So if the taxi driver genuinely stole the foreigners money, it's not OK for him to use violence to try to get his money back?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

The edit of the video would help confirm either way but I guess he who owns the video gets to edit as he sees fit.

Also note  the taxi driver refuses the request to "Show me what I paid with".

more context needed you are right. however i would refuse the request of the drunk brit as well. learn control you are an adult. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BangkokReady said:

So if the taxi driver genuinely stole the foreigners money, it's not OK for him to use violence to try to get his money back?

it's not ok to violently attack someone else like that for a few baht. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Absolutely against the law, in most places.

Whatever happened, I didn't saw the taxi driver make any agressive move. The coward farang slapped the guy being in a indefensible position. If there was a disagreement about the fare, the farang scumbag should have complain the police. Clearly another low level dirty farang. I hope the authorities take action. They should file all these scumbags and deny them entry to the Kingdom.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Then why suggest "police" as a response to what to do if someone steals from you?

at the time the passenger realized what happened he should of written down license plate. snapped a pic of the driver and tuk tuk. then taken the matter to the police. which we can assume may or may not result in any action. besides the point. 

then the man goes on to violently assault the driver. which is a crime that is actually provable as it is on camera. the theft is he said she said. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

at the time the passenger realized what happened he should of written down license plate. snapped a pic of the driver and tuk tuk. then taken the matter to the police. which we can assume may or may not result in any action. besides the point. 

then the man goes on to violently assault the driver. which is a crime that is actually provable as it is on camera. the theft is he said she said. 

I would pay a lot of money to see these taxi thugs get a beat down in public.

roman gladiator style.

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 2