Higher Rooms Much Hotter?

i have visited a couple on the 20th+ floor and they felt absolutely sweltering, but that was without air conditioning. i know that it depends which side of the building you are on, but in general, are condos on higher floors much hotter? has this been noticeable to you or a problem?

There are loads of variables.

High floors tend to pick up the breeze better, so if you don't mind a howling gale past your ears you don't need aircon, we're on the 10th floor, rarely have the aircon running just fans and windows open. We also look north so the sun never shines directly into the lounge, the kitchen on the south side does get pretty warm if the window is shut (rarely).

If you're at the top you have the expanse of the roof picking up heat ready to dump into your apartment at night :o

Low floors get shaded by other buildings, but they block your sea view :D

The list goes on......

Edited by Crossy

No, higher floor condos are not hotter in general, unless maybe you are on the top floor, but these days that is irrelevent also.

In my shophouse hoever, go onto the top floor without the air con, with its un-insulated roof and single skin walls, and then its dam_n hot!