Employment Oppertunities?

The Gentleman Scamp

Dear Phuketians,

I will be moving to Phuket very soon to make a fresh start and hopefully find a job I don't hate that pays a half decent salery.

I have contacts in Phuket, some who are members of this forum, who have kindly offered to help me out for a few days next week while I come down to look for work.

I would be ideally suited to a job that could utilize my communication or writing skills. I am also considerably creative and well presented with a polite, honest and friendly manner.

I understand I can not be too choosy and that job oppertunities may not be abundant in Phuket, but I need a job which can get me a work permit and I do not wish to return to teaching if at all possible.

Please use this post to inform me of anything that you feel I would be suited to, I will be grateful for any replies.

Kind regards,

Scampy

I'm still looking, still making calls to contacts, still waiting for them to get back to me, still hearing that a couple of European girls got teaching jobs in Phuket Town withinn a couple of days, still reading Phuket Gazette, still waiting for a pub landlord to arrive, still waiting for another to get back to me in a week, still waiting for my shirt to dry so I can look smart again and stillwaiting for another glimmer of hope to fuel my spirits.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOUR HEAR OF ANYTHING THAT WOULD SUIT ME.

ANY WRITING.

ANY TEACHING.

ANY PRIVATE TUITION.

ANY PR/CUSTOMER SERVICE.

ANY PUB/BAR RELATED WORK.

ANY COMMUNICATIONS WORK.

Kindly appreciated,

Yours panicky,

Scamp

Scamp said, "Yours panicky,"

Wow, I'm sorry Scamp, but I hope you have some funds to tide you over. These things are really the details that you must take care of - on the ground - personally, on Phuket.

Networking and contacts are 90% of the deal in Asia - Phuket included.

Fortunately, you will find that most people here are short-timers - passing through. Hang in there - show people that you intend to stay and will stay and slowly they will come to accept you in the working world. The short-timers will go and you will still be here.

People in Phuket are really burned out by the constant stream of people moving here PERMANENTLY for a few months or so. . . Get it? Why do you think one of the most common questions people ask you here is, "How long [will] you stay here?"

Good luck!

BTW, if you want to teach - get yourself a certificate (Try Text and Talk in Patong) - and work is possible. KajonKietSuksa School (SP?) is almost always hiring even if not advertising. Look them up at phuketgazette.com in the guide or yellow pages section.

• 2 weeks later...
Scamp said, "Yours panicky,"

Wow, I'm sorry Scamp, but I hope you have some funds to tide you over. These things are really the details that you must take care of - on the ground - personally, on Phuket.

Networking and contacts are 90% of the deal in Asia - Phuket included.

Fortunately, you will find that most people here are short-timers - passing through. Hang in there - show people that you intend to stay and will stay and slowly they will come to accept you in the working world. The short-timers will go and you will still be here.

People in Phuket are really burned out by the constant stream of people moving here PERMANENTLY for a few months or so. . . Get it? Why do you think one of the most common questions people ask you here is, "How long [will] you stay here?"

Good luck!

BTW, if you want to teach - get yourself a certificate (Try Text and Talk in Patong) - and work is possible. KajonKietSuksa School (SP?) is almost always hiring even if not advertising. Look them up at phuketgazette.com in the guide or yellow pages section.

:o

Listen to this dude Scamp,not often you get good advice,but this is good advice.