Member Of Parliament Assaulted At Parliament By Opponent

george

Member of Parliament assaulted at Parliament by opponent

BANGKOK: -- Democrat MP Somkiat Phongphaibul has been advised to file a physical assault charge against People Power Party MP Karun Hosakul who allegedly kicked him at Thailand's Parliament on Wednesday.

Chief Opposition whip Sathit Wongnongtoey said Mr. Somkiat was told to file assault charges with the police against the PPP MP who attacked him in the cafeteria inside the main building of parliament.

Mr. Sathit said the rare incident at parliament was premeditated.

No further violence occurred after Mr. Karun allegedly kicked Mr. Somkiat, who was critical of the PPP-led coalition government and joined the anti-Thaksin movement led by the People's Alliance for Democracy.

Mr. Sathit called on the ruling party to take responsibility for such an unbecoming incident involving its party member and advised that a House committee should be set up to investigate it and hand out penalties to the MP who attacked a fellow parliamentarian.

Deputy House Speaker Somsak Kiatsuranond said the existing ethics code for MPs would be applied to cope with the matter while PPP member of parliament Suthin Khlangsaeng said Mr. Karun might have been lured into physically attacking Mr. Somkiat.

However, he commented that the incident would not negatively affect the ruling party as a whole.

A parliamentary panel has been set up to investigate the incident.

-- TNA 2008-04-03

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karun jump-kicks at Somkiart in Parliament

BANGKOK: -- People Power Party MP Karun Hosakul jump-kicked at Democrat Party MP Somkiart Pongpaibool Wednesday afternoon.

But Karun narrowly missed Somkiart and he was held back by security officials and other People Power MPs who prevented him from more attacks at Somkiart.

The attack came after Democrat MPs and People Power MPs were engaged in a heated debate in the House after some People Power MPs strongly criticised Somkiart for joining a rally of the People's Alliance for Democracy. Somkiart is a PAD leadner.

During the debate, Somkiart challenged the People Power MPs to initiate an impeachment against him if they thought he had violated the parliamentary rules by joining the PAD rally at Thammasat University last week.

The attack was made inside the MP's lounge on the second floor of the First Building of Parliament at about 3 pm. Karin walked in the lounged and suddenly jump-kicked at Somkiart.

While he was being held back by security officials and other People Power MPs, Karun also shouted abusive words at Somkiart.

At the moment, several Democrat MPs, including Suthep Thaugsuban and Thepthai Senpong rushed to Somkiart's side.

The two sides were then engaged in a heated argument for a while before, chief government whip Chai Chidchob led Karun away to the whips' office.

-- The Nation 2008-04-02

Quite civilized I think; it needs practice to have a real fight in Parliament:

Taiwan:

India:

Bolivia - South American style with a swing and they KNOW HOW to fight :D

Taiwan, again; women only :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1o68Vip5O4...feature=related

Sri Lanka:

Czech Republic

Kenya - African Style trying how strong the furniture is... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtlUFN2Vxw...feature=related

Moscow:

LaoPo :D

Quite civilized I think; it needs practice to have a real fight in Parliament:

Taiwan:

India:

Bolivia - South American style with a swing and they KNOW HOW to fight :D

Taiwan, again; women only :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1o68Vip5O4...feature=related

Sri Lanka:

Czech Republic

Kenya - African Style trying how strong the furniture is... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtlUFN2Vxw...feature=related

Moscow:

LaoPo :D

These are trippy LP, well done! :D

Here's a little more of his checkered past as posted in The Nation earlier today.

Pleasant individual!

Interesting to note that he couldn't contest a seat in 2005 because he lacked the educational qualifications.

Guess he has been back to school since then.

A violent history

>> Karun Hosakul, 41, allegedly beat his former wife, Ratchadawan. In April 2005, she divorced him.

>> Two months after the divorce, Karun attacked her at Don Mueang Airport as she returned from a trip abroad. Karun grabbed her hair, slapped her and threatened to disfigure her. She was rescued by airport guards.

>> In 2006, Karun assaulted a guard at an abandoned cinema, when he and his friends were refused entry. He kicked the guard twice in the head, reportedly shouting: "I will be back. Don't you know who I am?"

>> In 2007, as a Bangkok City Councillor, Karun head-butted an undercover policeman at a cock fight.

>> In 2005, Karun was stopped from contesting a Bangkok seat because he lacked the educational

qualifications required.

Bad bad men

I sat next to two of the black suit/black tie cronies on BKK-CNX the other day.

Bad smell, bad vibe, lots of underlings wai'ing them- same like sitting next to a criminal with no regard of masking the crimes he is committing.

I wonder what sort of state this country is in that allows folk like this to lead

>> In 2006, Karun assaulted a guard at an abandoned cinema, when he and his friends were refused entry. He kicked the guard twice in the head, reportedly shouting: "I will be back. Don't you know who I am?"

Refused entry into an abandoned cinema? More to this one than meets the eye methinks. :o

>> In 2007, as a Bangkok City Councillor, Karun head-butted an undercover policeman at a cock fight.

Merely a misunderstanding. He thought the pricks did the fighting at a cock fight.

n 2005, Karun was stopped from contesting a Bangkok seat because he lacked the educational qualifications required.

Sound like he should be given an honorary PhD in Prickology.

Refused entry into an abandoned cinema? More to this one than meets the eye methinks. :o

Merely a misunderstanding. He thought the pricks did the fighting at a cock fight.

n 2005, Karun was stopped from contesting a Bangkok seat because he lacked the educational qualifications required.

Sound like he should be given an honorary PhD in Prickology.

No, hehead-butted the undercover policeman at a cock fight because he had astigmatism. :D

There is just no harmony in Thai politics.

The Thais need to learn a bit about harmonious relationships.

Take a good example - look at the harmony between the Finns and the Russians:

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

Thanks for the link. Really finntastic. My new favorite.

There is CCTV in the room where the incident happened. Remains to see if it "didn't work on that particular day", as usual, or some high bidder can manage to get the recording tampered with.

the whole incident was already shown last night on channel 7 news... :D

head-butted an undercover policeman at a cock fight

is that against the rules of that sport then..?:o:D

Here's a little more of his checkered past as posted in The Nation earlier today.

Pleasant individual!

Interesting to note that he couldn't contest a seat in 2005 because he lacked the educational qualifications.

Guess he has been back to school since then.

A violent history

>> Karun Hosakul, 41, allegedly beat his former wife, Ratchadawan. In April 2005, she divorced him.

>> Two months after the divorce, Karun attacked her at Don Mueang Airport as she returned from a trip abroad. Karun grabbed her hair, slapped her and threatened to disfigure her. She was rescued by airport guards.

>> In 2005, Karun was stopped from contesting a Bangkok seat because he lacked the educational

qualifications required.

A total first class prick. Nice to see that he uses the same phrase as most of these types of tossers. :o

As for his education, I'm wondering where he bought his piece of paper. Time for the press to do some more digging, as I can't recall there being a 2 year degree course available anywhere, unless he was already an enrolled Student in 2005.

Is bringing Thailand into disrepute a criminal offence?

Wouldn't Newcastle United be interested in signing this character up to keep Barton company?

What do his constituents think of this; are they content to be represented by this murderous thug?

They're concerned about what young ladies are wearing but this is OK?

Just asking. Be nice to know what his boss (Thaksin) thinks about this.

Edited by Bagwan

Dr Thaksin is known for supporting Thai football, and being a keen golfer, perhaps this marks the entry of himself & his supporters into yet another Thai sport ?

Or are the PPP now running training-courses in thugology, for their supporters & MPs, in preparation for future 'vigourous democratic debate' with their political opponents ? In which case shouldn't Mr Hosakul have been armed ?? :o

Look at the women rushing in to give Thaksin flowers or cry in his presence and look at this poor loser with a fake degree who made it to parliament, thanks to the help of a political party that doesn't mind criminals and fakes in it's ranks, one constant thought behind their actions, that of being rewarded by the Little Emperor himself, zombies.

Is bringing Thailand into disrepute a criminal offence?

Wouldn't Newcastle United be interested in signing this character up to keep Barton company?

What do his constituents think of this; are they content to be represented by this murderous thug?

They're concerned about what young ladies are wearing but this is OK?

Just asking. Be nice to know what his boss (Thaksin) thinks about this.

Considering that the country has now got a thug as Prime Minister, I'm sure that the constituents of this particular MP aren't at all concerned. As said many times, "You get the government you deserve".

^ I believe so, probably SJ has it on file. One point going the rounds is that the Thai parliament has, whilst very fractious, always comported itself with a level of decorum, befitting the {perhaps self-held} image of serous studious parliamentarians, and then.....

Regards