Us Visa For Thai Girl

I've been living here in Thailand for 5 or 6 years.

My buddy in the states wants me to deliver his Thai girlfriend to him in the states as he can't get over here.

I'm wieghing the alternatives and can use all the advise I can get.

I hear that if it's an engagement or marrige visa it's easier to obtain in the states.

I don't really want to marry my buddies girlfriend just to be a good friend.

I'm wondering if there's another way to go like n I-5 student visa or a work related to training for his company in the states.

If anyone has any experience with any of the above please reply.

J

Unless she's had a real job or owns property or has tangible and real reasons for the US Embassy staff to believe she will return, you and he, just as well save your money and time, because they will not give her one.

If she owns property or has a job, a real job, that she has had for a while, then she might be in luck to get a tourist visa and once in the US, she can apply to convert it to a more long-term visa.

You're marrying her for him, well, that sounds like a recipe for disaster, but its your disaster. Besides, even if you do marry her, there's no guarantee and the finacee visa takes something like 3-4 months or longer to process. There's every chance they would smoke out the truth in that time and deny it anyway.

Sorry to be negative, but its simply the facts.

Unless she's had a real job or owns property or has tangible and real reasons for the US Embassy staff to believe she will return, you and he, just as well save your money and time, because they will not give her one.

If she owns property or has a job, a real job, that she has had for a while, then she might be in luck to get a tourist visa and once in the US, she can apply to convert it to a more long-term visa.

You're marrying her for him, well, that sounds like a recipe for disaster, but its your disaster. Besides, even if you do marry her, there's no guarantee and the finacee visa takes something like 3-4 months or longer to process. There's every chance they would smoke out the truth in that time and deny it anyway.

Sorry to be negative, but its simply the facts.

A fiance visa takes 4 to 6 months now averaging on 4 but he has to stay married to her for two years if not then if immigration catches on that she married her true BF she better be careful :o

Your friend has two options here but both of them require he goes to Thailand.

First one is that he marries her in Thailand, applies for visa for his wife to join him in US and that that takes about 1 year to get her to the US.

Second is that he applies for K-1 Fiance Visa for her on the grounds that he will marry her within 3 months of her being in the US. Total time for him to get her into the US this way is about 4-6 months. He could do this without having to come to Thailand I guess but it would be very difficult. I dont recommend making her do it alone.

As far as tourist visa or student visa goes, the other people were right in what they told you. Tourist visa will only be given if embassy can see that she has some tangible assets and a reason to come back to Thailand. Student visa will only be given if she is going to be a student and has some correspondence from a school in the US proving this fact. No easy outs here.

• 1 month later...

First one is that he marries her in Thailand, applies for visa for his wife to join him in US and that that takes about 1 year to get her to the US.

Second is that he applies for K-1 Fiance Visa for her on the grounds that he will marry her within 3 months of her being in the US.  Total time for him to get her into the US this way is about 4-6 months.  He could do this without having to come to Thailand I guess but it would be very difficult.  I dont recommend making her do it alone.

As far as tourist visa or student visa goes, the other people were right in what they told you.  Tourist visa will only be given if embassy can see that she has some tangible assets and a reason to come back to Thailand.  Student visa will only be given if she is going to be a student and has some correspondence from a school in the US proving this fact.  No easy outs here.

what about a tourist visa for your thai wife if you and her are living in thailand - i'm usa citizen but a have retirement visa to live in thailand?

what about a tourist visa for your thai wife if you and her are living in thailand - i'm usa citizen but a have retirement visa to live in thailand?

A tourist visa for your wife should be no problem with your proof of living here in Thailand. Should really be another thread however as this is not about that.

What kind of a wacko would marry someone elses gf???  DO you both share the same gf?? Are you and your "buddy" of sane mind??

Why cant he fly over here?? Has he been deported from TH before??? A couple of real nutters !!!

I really don't believe anyone was asking or suggesting that. He did say he did not really want to marry her after all. I took that as humor. :o

Lop............i think even considering it is considered bonkers.......he did say he didnt really want to, not that he never would.............and if you were the "buddy" would you want your gf to be married to someone else? I think in the favour of the girls too......in the sense that the "buddy" could already be married.....so why bother "delivering" the girl over till the divorce is finalised?

Friends, not matter how good friends they can be can change over time.........you never know.

My opinion is, if you want someone to go over there, you do it yourself, not get one of your buddies to do it. If he cant, then tough, forget it! The one who "marries" her would have to be legally responsible for her, not the one who cannot marry her but is her "husband/partner"

Second is that he applies for K-1 Fiance Visa for her on the grounds that he will marry her within 3 months of her being in the US.  Total time for him to get her into the US this way is about 4-6 months.  He could do this without having to come to Thailand I guess but it would be very difficult.  I dont recommend making her do it alone.

As far as tourist visa or student visa goes, the other people were right in what they told you.  Tourist visa will only be given if embassy can see that she has some tangible assets and a reason to come back to Thailand.  Student visa will only be given if she is going to be a student and has some correspondence from a school in the US proving this fact.  No easy outs here.

I'm trying to bring a Thai girlfriend to U.S. on a tourist visa. She has a decent shot-job and family in Thailand, previous travel abroad etc. She speaks little English and needs help putting her application together. Does anybody have contacts in Bangkok to help her with this?

Thanks