President Inn Soi 11

shakeydave

Hi Peeps

I'm due in BKK on Tuesday and my brother has booked me into the President Inn on Soi 11, I have searched all over the web and I can't find any information anywhere about it not even any hotel review sites which is making me slightly nervous. I did manage to get a picture that makes it look like it is part of a massage parlour :o

I'm only staying for 2 nights then going over to Samui so total luxury is not all important but at the same time I don't want Faulty Towers.Whilst I'm in BKK I would also like to watch the football CL on Wednesday as United are playing so I wouldn't want to miss the game so if any of you peeps could tell me where I could watch it that would be good.

Thanks in advance :D:D

Hi Peeps

I'm due in BKK on Tuesday and my brother has booked me into the President Inn on Soi 11, I have searched all over the web and I can't find any information anywhere about it not even any hotel review sites which is making me slightly nervous. I did manage to get a picture that makes it look like it is part of a massage parlour :o

I'm only staying for 2 nights then going over to Samui so total luxury is not all important but at the same time I don't want Faulty Towers.Whilst I'm in BKK I would also like to watch the football CL on Wednesday as United are playing so I wouldn't want to miss the game so if any of you peeps could tell me where I could watch it that would be good.

Thanks in advance :D:D

You can't find reviews on the web because you're using the wrong name. There are two possibilities on soi 11. It is either the Grand President or the President Solitaire. Both are 4-5 star places. I have stayed at the latter and it's very good. Others speak highly of GP, but I only walk past it and cant comment on its interior.

> Grand President or the President

Probably the Grand President - Soi 11.

Or the Royal President on Soi 15.

Both are good places no hassles in the hotel both are very nice. I used to stay at the RP when in BKK.

> ....it is part of a massage parlour.

This is not the case.

In house TV will probably carry a sports channel with the football game, there are bars a short walk from either Soi 11 or 15 that will have large TVs etc.

You're talking about the President Inn on Soi 11/1. I think. It's not on Soi 11, but the little soi next to it. The first two floors are a massage parlor. I've stayed there many times. It's cheap, clean, friendly, and, if you're into massages, very convenient.

Oh . that place. Yeah, it's down the side soi.

Put it like this, the OP won't be thanking his mate for putting him up there. Looks a right dump from outside.

Another opinon, from our resident Thailand expert, even though he has never has been inside the place! :D

Good one .

How did you come up with that I wonder? :D

I mention the place because many I know, that previously stayed at the Grand President, now stay there. It's much newer and very close to the BTS

Some people feel the need to post even when they have zero knowledge on the subject. Why is that?

I suppose they feel they are more intelligent than most... :o

Arn't you the same guy that claims there are no touts greeting visitors at the airport? ...Never experienced double pricing in all his time in Thailand.

I recall a thread that you claim nobody was ever drugged and robbed in Thailand?

Have you really ever been to Thailand?.. or are you just some hooligan from England that like to jerk people around on the internet?

Edited by PadThaiGuy

:o

Thanks chaps, the hotel in question is indeed the President Inn on Soi, I am not that sure whether I should be worried or not but hey ho this is Thailand and as usual I will go with the flow. I usualy stop at the Landmark so I know it will be a bit of a come down but thats my tight arse brother for you allways looking after his money. Anyway 8 hours before I fly so here I come again to the land of smiles.

Cheers

ShakeyDave

Another opinon, from our resident Thailand expert, even though he has never has been inside the place! :D

Good one .

How did you come up with that I wonder? :o

I mention the place because many I know, that previously stayed at the Grand President, now stay there. It's much newer and very close to the BTS

I said it looked like a dump from outside, from when I walk past it every day.

Now let's turn to your response where you actively recommend a place while admitting you've never been inside it either.

Edited by bendix

Is the President Inn the one on the right hand side of soi 11/1, as you enter from Sukhumwit Road Bangkok Inn, further down the soi than both the Bangkok Inn and Business Inn?

If so then the first and last time I stayed there, admittedly back in 2000 because the other hotels in the soi were fully booked, it was the worst budget hotel I have ever stayed in during my trips to/through Bangkok and I have stayed in a mixed bag of places over the years. Maybe it was just one of their "not so good rooms" and would like to hear what the OP thought of the place, if it is the hotel I am thinking of!??

Would also be interesting to hear if any of the hotels in that soi have been renovated in the last eight or ten years or have they continued to deteriate as the prices have steadily risen throughout Sukhumwit?

I remember the only reason for staying at the Business Inn was that it was 500 baht per night (without a window) and the you could check in at 5AM so you could stay for 32 hours for that price when checking out at 1PM the next day, which was certainly convenient if arriving early after an overnight journey.

Also the dodgy room/toilet smell and general dinginess of the place didn't seem to matter as much after a full night out when Bangkok was still a 24/7 city and not having a window was probably a bonus! Mind you it could be deemed false economy as half the time I checked in at 5AM I didn't even manage to stay for the full night, so how anyone managed to stay there for weeks or even months on end beats me!?

Years ago the Bangkok Inn was a decent budget hotel in the Sukhumwit area and I stayed there a week once but unless the rooms have been renovated, then these days there are better value options especially if you pick the right Thai travel agent, and speak politely in Thai, as then you can get some special deals at a random selection of budget hotels in and around Bangkok, including Sukhumwit.

President Inn seemed ideally positioned to pick up customers from the Bangkok Inn when it was fully booked and catches people like me who presumed it would just be the same standard as the Bangkok Inn and therefore didn't bother to check the room first and quickly regretted their decision. Ironically the best budget hotel in the Asoke area IMO was only open for not much more than a year before it shut down, despite everything being of similar or better standard and everything being brand spanking new, as it was located about 400 meters along Asoke Road which I guess must have too far away to maintain occupancy.

Mind you the worst room I DIDN'T stay in was at the Malaysia Hotel, and despite it being popular some 10 years ago, I distinctly remember when I went to view the last room available and god knows what had happened in that room as a quick wipe down or the walls and furniture and change of sheets couldn't hide the fact that either a non-flushing toilet had recently exploded in the room, or some other activity which is best not contemplated for too long...so out of pure curiosity, does anyone know if there rooms there have been renovated in the last decade!??

The massage place on the first floor is the Ananda Spa. It's definitely upscale massage place (without any hanky panky available). Expect to pay 1200 Bhat for an hour massage. I've been there twice and it's amazing. Staff is definitely trained at the top massage schools.

If you are looking for other legitimate massage places, I suggest the Prawn. Just walk down Soi 11 to Sukhumvit, walk over the big overpass and come down the other side of Sukhumvit and take a left and it will be just a few establishments down on the right. It has a Thai name but the name LOOKS like the word Prawn. Prawn will be less than half price of Ananda.

Nothing wrong with hanky panky joints, but it's nice to get a good 1-2 hour quality massage to recharge your batteries for the night!

I've never stayed at President Park but it seems ok. You'll be very close to Q Bar which is a trendy bar that's frequented by Thai socialites and wealthy expats. It's usually packed but definitely fun.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps,

I am just back from my stay at the President Inn on Soi11 and as there are no details about this little hotel I thought I would share my experiance with you.

As the area suggests it is a small hotel with about 20 rooms spread over 4 floors and in the reception area there is a Thai Massage place along with a travel agent area. The rooms were clean and tidy with cable TV A/C and a fridge with some snacks and drinks in them but like any hotel a complete ripp off. The rate was 1070bht per night and my opinion it was that is was run by one family who seemed very friendly. For those who are thinking cheap and cheerful this place may be for you but don't expect the standards of a 4 or 5 star hotel as you will be dissapointed big time,just one more note they make it very clear they DON'T WANT YOU BRINGING GIRLS BACK TO THE HOTEL :o:D AND IF CAUGHT THEY WILL ASK YOU TO LEAVE.

Cheers

Shakeydave

• 1 year later...
:)

Thanks chaps, the hotel in question is indeed the President Inn on Soi, I am not that sure whether I should be worried or not but hey ho this is Thailand and as usual I will go with the flow. I usualy stop at the Landmark so I know it will be a bit of a come down but thats my tight arse brother for you allways looking after his money. Anyway 8 hours before I fly so here I come again to the land of smiles.

Cheers

ShakeyDave

I have stayed there.

It is ok. relatively clean and tidy. but for the price you could get another place elsewhere & which is better.

It is handy to everything at sukhimvit.

They used to have massage in the ground floor and the regular thai massage in the first level. It may have changed.

Last time i walked in to go to toilet, and no more massage in ground floor.

I do not stay there anymore. I can find better. I now stay at a place in sathorn.