Danny Hall--Missing Person

Hi There,

Just posting this on behalf of a friend. Can anyone who knows anything please contact the people shown.

For those of you who know him, Danny Hall has now been missing in Thailand for 6 weeks, since the Feb 24th 2008 Full Moon Party. For those of you who don't, please read on anyway, as I'm hoping 'viral marketing' and '6 degrees of separation' means that if this gets forwarded enough, sooner or later it will hit someone on planet earth who knows something about this, and we'll find out something that will lead to discovering what happened to him, or even better, where he is.

The situation is very bleak... his room is still untouched, his stuff is all there, and he was last seen drunk and making his way away from the party at 4.30am. The Police and British Embassy are involved, but its not looking at all good, and as there was a gap of a few weeks until the search really got going, the trail is frustratingly cold... Anyone who knows the island and party (I didn't until this happened, but now do), will know there's a really high murder/death etc rate there, especially during the party itself. In short, everyone is worried, and we want to know where he is, or what happened to him.

Thanks in advance, Dave

PS> If anyone knows Anything - please contact either //e-mail addresses removed as per forum rules//

post-6853-1207472001_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tywais

I have to close this, as per the forum rules we do no allow missing person topics. If you have a link to the embassy website or an official embassy document about this missing person report then please provide it to me via pm & I will see if admin will allow it to be reopenend.

Regards

Boo

• 2 weeks later...

Given that the newspapers have finally picked this up, admin has given the ok to re-open this topic.

From the Phuket Gazette:

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Appeal made for missing Brit

PHUKET: The Immigration Police Tourist Assistance program is asking for anyone with information about Daniel Christian Hall, who was last seen at the Full Moon Party on Koh Pha-ngan on February 24, to contact them.

According to a report filed with police, no-one has heard from Daniel since then and he abandoned all his belongings except for his passport in his bungalow at Laem Son, Haad Yao, on Koh Pha-ngan.

It has also been established that no funds have been withdrawn from his account since February. The most recent withdrawal was not a substantial amount, “just enough to last a couple of days”, the report said.

It has also been established that he has not been admitted as a patient at any local hospitals, the report said.

Mr Hall is 35 years old, about 180 centimeters tall and of average build.

Anyone with information that may lead to discovering Mr Hall’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Immigration Police Tourist Assistance program at [email protected]

post-3770-1208352338.jpeg

post-3770-1208352838_thumb.jpg

Khoa San Road dot Com also did this on 5th April 2008. I was notified, but never posted as per our rules, sorry :D

If you should see this gentleman, please tell us. Thanking you. :o

Kan Win

there's a really high murder/death etc rate there, especially during the party itself.

Oh? That's alarmist if unsubstantiated.

I'm just wondering why the site disallows missing persons posts unless they are picked up by some media due to an official missing persons report? In this Internet age, aren't we just as useful, maybe more so? I can't imagine someone posting a gag missing persons post.

there's a really high murder/death etc rate there, especially during the party itself.

I'm just wondering why the site disallows missing persons posts unless they are picked up by some media due to an official missing persons report? In this Internet age, aren't we just as useful, maybe more so? I can't imagine someone posting a gag missing persons post.

I think it is a blanket rule to prevent the forum descending into the "Has anyone seen Noi, she used to work at Blossoms Beer Bar in Soi Cowboy? I met her last month and left her 10,000 Baht but now every time I phone her the phone is turned off. I am really worried as she only work as cashier and we had a real close relationship." kind of lost souls agency.

I think it is a blanket rule to prevent the forum descending into the "Has anyone seen Noi, she used to work at Blossoms Beer Bar in Soi Cowboy? I met her last month and left her 10,000 Baht but now every time I phone her the phone is turned off. I am really worried as she only work as cashier and we had a real close relationship." kind of lost souls agency.

Hehehehe, heard that one before.

Seriously - hope he turns up somewhere with his tail between his legs with nothing worse than a hangover.

Was he staying at Laem Son bungalows in Seethanu? I had a couple of friends visiting me at the time this guy wnet missing, and I remember one of them telling me the guy in the bungalow next to his hadn't come back after the full moon party. We figured he was just drunk somewhere and would turn up in a day or so but he never did in the week after the party that my friends were still staying at the resort.

If it's the same guy I'll call my friend, who is now back in Ireland, who had several conversations with the chap before he went missing, and see if he said anything that might be of use.

Plea over man missing in Thailand

Danny Hall

Friends have put posters about Danny Hall on websites

A reward is being offered for information about a Norwich man missing in Thailand who was believed to be on a six month touring holiday in Asia.

Danny Hall, 35, has not been seen since leaving an all night beach party on the island of Koh Pha Ngan on 24 February.

Friends, who have put up £500 in reward money, said his belongings were all left in his room and they were becoming increasingly worried about him.

They have placed appeals about Mr Hall on a number of websites.

Danny Hall was seen leaving the Full Moon Party on the beach at Koh Pha Ngan at about 0430 local time (2230 BST) according to information posted on the internet by his friends.

The Foreign Office has confirmed that police in the UK and Thailand are investigating.

A spokesman said Danny Hall's family and friends were very concerned for his well-being as his disappearance was completely out of character.

Norfolk police say they are making a number of inquiries in Norfolk and they are liaising with Interpol.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england...olk/7358337.stm

This from our local paper, not really any new info, but might jog someones memory

riends of a Norfolk man missing in Thailand for almost two months fear he may never be found alive.

Danny Hall, a Norwich-based roadie, disappeared without trace after a party on the island of Koh Phagnan on February 24. The 35-year-old has not contacted loved-ones since and his family are said to be distraught.

Police in Norfolk and Thailand are attempting to trace him. A group of volunteers is set to begin a country-wide search this week.

Close friend Charlie Simmonds said further details had emerged about Danny's last movements. Witnesses have confirmed a final sighting in the island's Backyard Bar and he is known to have called a friend later that afternoon.

Mr Simmonds said: “Apparently Danny seemed fine on the phone. He had been drinking but he didn't seem in a bad or depressed mood, he was just chatting away normally.

“The phone suddenly cut out but he was in a busy bar so that didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. But that is the last contact anybody had with him.”

Danny was on a six-month touring holiday and had kept in regular touch with his family. He frequently updated his online Facebook profile with details of his travels.

“It was out of character but at first we didn't worry too much,” Mr Simmonds said. “When people are travelling they often disappear off the radar for short periods.

“But once we had got beyond a couple of weeks it became obvious something was wrong. Danny just isn't the kind of person to lose contact - he knew people back home care about him and would be worried.”

His belongings, except for his passport, have all been found in the bungalow where he was staying at Laem Son, Haad Yao, on Koh Phangan and he has not used his credit card or mobile phone since.

His friends have distributed posters appealing for information about his whereabouts and have organised a group to begin scouring the area for any signs of him.

Mr Simmonds said: “We have to cling to the hope that he is ok. He is a very popular guy and he is deeply loved by his family and by others. But the longer the search goes on, the worse our chances of finding him alive get.

“This is a dangerous place we are talking about - it is not the paradise that many people imagine. We are constantly hearing horror stories and we can't help but think something very bad has happened to him.”

Danny had attended the Full Moon party on the hedonistic island just off Koh Samui. About 7,000 - 10,000 people attend the parties, held to celebrate the full moon.

When he was last seen he was described as “significantly intoxicated” and he is known to have taken drugs recreationally. He is of average build with a distinctive tattoo on his upper back taken from the Beatles Yellow Submarine artwork.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Immigration Police Tourist Assistance program at [email protected] or Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.

i hear a lot of stories from thai fisherman about people trying to swim drunk at full moon parties. i am sorry to post this but it is just one of many possibilties.

feel free to remove this post if it is against forum rules

"This is a dangerous place we are talking about - it is not the paradise that many people imagine. We are constantly hearing horror stories and we can't help but think something very bad has happened to him."

I don't think that KPN is more dangerous than other island or place in Thailand. A lot of people disappear in others countries, without never finding them.

On this island, we have two problems ! One of this is the drug and the second is the alcohol. Apart from that, it's a quiet place. A lot guys both smoke and drink a lot and after this, all is possible for a bad guys who prowl around

In this case, there is a strange situation. Why we haven't found the passport ?

Nobody goes to the "FMP " with his passport on him ! There is a hope here, finally i hope :o

"This is a dangerous place we are talking about - it is not the paradise that many people imagine. We are constantly hearing horror stories and we can't help but think something very bad has happened to him."

I don't think that KPN is more dangerous than other island or place in Thailand. A lot of people disappear in others countries, without never finding them.

On this island, we have two problems ! One of this is the drug and the second is the alcohol. Apart from that, it's a quiet place. A lot guys both smoke and drink a lot and after this, all is possible for a bad guys who prowl around

Nobody goes to the "FMP " with his passport on him ! There is a hope here, finally i hope :o

As with the above post, all valuables where left apart from his passport, thus this suggest he may of vanished out of choice. As if he had gone ' missing ' and someone had raided his room, there would have taken his cards ect as well ( there was a alot of thefts in KPN by a group of foriegn theifs )

I hope he is found safe and well, but i can not help but feel there maybe more behind this then what meets the eye......

Yes, believe it or not, people do go to the party with their passport on them. I've actually met people who took everything to the party (passport, cards, camera etc etc--and naturally, lost it all when drunk).

Another alternative would be that he rented a motorbike and left the passport with them, as is usual. I wonder if anyone has asked the bungalow owner whether or not he had a bike and if it was ever returned.

Wouldn't they have checked with airport authorities,if his deparure card would have been scanned back out?Border controls?

This is a very good point, but we all know how long things take to filter to immigration...

i think you will find its more like if its not a real missing persons issue,but more like personal vendetta to find someone to go around and blow their head off !, it happens,i wouldnt want to inocently contribute by saying I KNOW WHERE HE IS ,HES AT ,SO AND SO !

I think he was trying to say that one of the reasons to disallow missing persons threads that are not official is because it could be someone trying to do another person harm.

Regardless, it is in the rules as set by admin and not really up for discussion in this thread. What is pertinent to the case of this missing person or to his family is that it is official, it is in the papers and it has been allowed for those reasons.