Irish Bar

binnsy

Not so sure that the reference to Gary Glitter is appropriate given his history and connections with S E Asia?

I think you will find the rest of TV realises that was a joke. :D

Hi D the D

Shame on you are you calling the Bay City Rollers a joke! :o

TBWG :D

Hmm,... Maybe you have something there!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE......from the horses mouth :D

Paddys Irish bar will be opening next week. Fiday or Saturday. :o

The reason it has been so quite there of late is that the ownwers have been in Bangkok buying up a huge range of importrd beer. As well as sourcing some quality food.

The liquor licence has been in place since last November as has the music and food licence.

Full service from opening day.

Looks good, sounds good.......fingers crossed :D

• 2 weeks later...
Irish ?
The Irish bar called Paddys Irish Pub looks nearing completion but is locked up, [b]it is owned by a German Guy[/b]

Yes i realise it is owned by a German, why open an irish bar?, or why not just change the name to paddys Steiner, bit of irish and german influx.

I'll never beleive a horse again........

Naay naay, why the long face

Irish ?
The Irish bar called Paddys Irish Pub looks nearing completion but is locked up, [b]it is owned by a German Guy[/b]

Yes i realise it is owned by a German, why open an irish bar?, or why not just change the name to paddys Steiner, bit of irish and german influx.

Maybe he'll wear green cap, und leather hosen (shorts) :o

Irish ?

Maybe he'll wear green cap, und leather hosen (shorts) :o

Used to live in Frankfurt, they had several successful Irish pubs there.

Don't know what kind of clientele the leprechaun in lederhosen is expecting, but doubt if they have many international bankers in Buriram. Or maybe they retire there?

I'll never believe a horse again........

Hi Thai Chi

Any further news? I am particularly interested in the French Restaurant Vinyl, as I am rather partial to Coq au vin, chips & baked beans! :D

I'll never believe a horse again........

Hi Thai Chi

Any further news? I am particularly interested in the French Restaurant Vinyl, as I am rather partial to Coq au vin, chips & baked beans! :D

TBWG, the Vinyl bar is a goer. It seems to be open most days I go past. I havent stopped in as yet to look at the menu, but hope to in the near future.

Paddys had a sign up as of yesterday saying "OPENING IN 4 DAYS" mind you, it had been up for 3 days already :D

Will be going past both tomorrow, so may have some more news.

Are you in town (ban satuk) or back in old blighty ?

[

Hi Thai Chi

Unfortunately back in Gordon's Wasteland and boy is it expensive!

TBWG :o

Can I borrow you Bay City Rollers outfit then. I might have to turn up the short short trooosers.

SBWG

.......and today the sign says "opening in 3 days"

Be intresting to see how long that one is up for :o

Then again, it may mean that Paddys will finally open its doors on Thursday :D

(tbwg...when are you back in town)

[

Hi Thai Chi

Unfortunately back in Gordon's Wasteland and boy is it expensive!

Can I borrow you Bay City Rollers outfit then. I might have to turn up the short short trooosers.

SBWG

Hi D the D

Sorry bay city rollers outfit to precious to part with, however you can borrow my velvet flares and paisley shirt ...suits you sir !

PS: Thai Chi back in Satuk mid October.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I am the only one interested in the on going saga of the Irish bar and the nearby French Restaurant.

Has the Irish bar finally opened?

Anyone visited the Vinyl bar/restaurant?

Any reports appreciated :D

TBWG

Paddys apparently opened just over a week ago.

I didn't go to the opening and flew out to OZ the next day.

Will suss both Paddys and the Vinyl out on my return in a couple of weeks :D

:o

We have friends living in that soi, the Irish bar was supposedly opening 2/3 days ago, however, I'm unsure if it actually did so?

The french place is ok, tried his breakfast a week or so ago, place done out quite nicely, food I had & service ok. Quite a few expats venturing in whilst I was there, so maybe he'll do ok? Personally, I think he'll struggle to make any money from this place. Renting a double unit, 3 waitress' & a male chef will put a drain on things. Theres just not the trade in Buriram for such a place, likewise, the irish pub will sadly struggle after the initial interest has died down.

Seems like I am the only one interested in the on going saga of the Irish bar and the nearby French Restaurant.

Has the Irish bar finally opened?

Anyone visited the Vinyl bar/restaurant?

Any reports appreciated :D

Hope he does ok the french geezer, he lives in the next village, he will have to do good as fruity says, one problem he will have, overheads, rent, and if he has taken a lease out, how many years?, i was looking for a premises in buriram to buy, not rent, did make an offer on the old bank next to the bamboo, 4 years ago, they turned it down, now it is 3 million baht more expensive, crazy.

When leasing and renting, to get the doors open, you are improving someone elses property, it is not so bad if you can claim the expense through the Business, but doubt you can do this in Thailand, also once you are doing ok, watch the thai/chinese owner stick the rent up, this happens a lot.

Yep, open now.

Was in there on Sunday. Nice guy from Southern Ireland - hope he does well.

(Avoid the cans of Guinness at 249 Baht)

:o Thought it was a German guy who owned it? Name now makes a bit more sense!!

Yep, open now.

Why avoid cans of Guinness for heavens sake, it's the real Irish Guinness,not the Malaysian crap you get in most places. I sell the same stuff. That's just like saying avoid buying a Ferrarri, cause they're expensive. :o

Yep, open now.

Why avoid cans of Guinness for heavens sake, it's the real Irish Guinness,not the Malaysian crap you get in most places. I sell the same stuff. That's just like saying avoid buying a Ferrarri, cause they're expensive. :D

Never mind the can..........tell 'em to pour it in a pint :o