Harsh Treatment Apparently

Yesterday a Thai friend told me that 7/11 had given my friend given one weeks notice after refusing to move to a 7/11 in Sing Buri from Nakhonsawan. With friends and family here in Nakhonsawan and none in Sing Buri it seems odd they should use the tactic of terminating employment to try get my friend to move to another location.

After having been in their employment for some years and currently a manager I feel this is harsh treatment.

Is this normal practice?

Is there any course of action open to my friend?

Or am I being fed some BS ?

Yesterday a Thai friend told me that 7/11 had given my friend given one weeks notice after refusing to move to a 7/11 in Sing Buri from Nakhonsawan. With friends and family here in Nakhonsawan and none in Sing Buri it seems odd they should use the tactic of terminating employment to try get my friend to move to another location.

After having been in their employment for some years and currently a manager I feel this is harsh treatment.

Is this normal practice?

Is there any course of action open to my friend?

Or am I being fed some BS ?

OK my understanding is that for a Change of Work Place the following applies

When an employer changes its place of business in such a way that it will materially affect the ordinary course of living of an employee, the employer must give the employee at least 30 days prior notice of the relocation. If the employee does not wish to continue working at the new place of business, the employer must pay the employee "special severance" at 50% of the normal severance rates.

But as in these cases, this is an english interpretation of a Thai law, get a good lawyer onto it and Im sure they will be delighted to take 7-11 to court, the law is very firmly on the side of the workers!