buzzer101

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all !

Why are people on this site constenty negative about everyhing, there is an occasional helping hand but others thank you !!!

Never mind what people might feel like posting - for whatever reason they might have. They aren't but guys writing posts - for whatever reason they might have ... You are in Thailand, right? --- Maybe even in Chiang Mai? --- Lots of helpful people out there, I - and everybody else having ever been in trouble in Chiang Mai - can assure you! ... Quite a few of the helpful kind also appear on this board --- forget about the rest, who needs'em (is probably what they can't answer themselves)?

It can sometimes be like a bad spaghetti western movie....The Good The Bad And The Ugly..... :o

But most of the time you will find a lot of great people, who are more than willing to help. :D

Just go with the flow, grasshopper.... :D

Hi all !

Why are people on this site constenty negative about everyhing, there is an occasional helping hand but others thank you !!!

I have a particular aversion to posters who don't take the time to check their spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

Hi all !

I have a particular aversion to posters who don't take the time to check their spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

as for me, I rather have a particular aversion to posters who think they are something better than others, for the sole reason that the board's language is their mother tongue, coincidentally.... :o

Whahhaha I think is in my Gene to Piss BB off cos i am Born with BAd spelling in m Blood .

whahahhahaha\

Well HELp is really a very BIG Words .

depend on what kinda help you asking ...

i ask seen people asking for help and in he first place there are not even willing to solve their own Problem ..

i got one guys come asking me for help ..

so he tell me his problem is lack of money and he ask if i can loan him some so he can pay for rental and food .

so i aks him .. what is your plan ..

he say nO plan he just want a relax life away from amercia and do't wnana work ?

so i ask him .. how he is going to return me .. and he reply .

he will win lottery cos every 500b he loan he will bet 100 baht to make sure he stand a chance to return to everyone he loan from . i buy him his meal that day and that the last time i see him in chiangmai .

there is alot of helpful people ou there ..

and i think i am a helping chap also whahhaha not in the best way you might imagine ..

but sometime .. do think of how you can help yourself befor eyou go around asking for help ..

Well in some point the good heart of man kind had been whitewash by bad taste .

the truth is many people who need help and don't know how to ask for it and can't let down their pride to ask for help ..

and those who had ask for help .. over and over again seem to improve their social skill at seeking help without return ..

leave a really bad taste for many people .

so NOW .

tell me what kinda help you need ?

Hi all !

Because some people's only pleasure is derived by making others miserable. By hiding behind an internet forum, these people can feel superior to others, when in reality, they are nothing. Hope that helps! Have a great day!

Hi all !

as for me, I rather have a particular aversion to posters who think they are something better than others, for the sole reason that the board's language is their mother tongue, coincidentally.... :o

Never thought of that point of view ..... but I am better than the sods on TV though :D

Hi all !

:o BB, every time I read one your remarks about spelling etc. I hear my mother. :D

Ahum, she's 80 :D :D :D :D

On the other side though, it does have a positive influence on me. Thanks Teach! :D

Whahhaha I think is in my Gene to Piss BB off cos i am Born with BAd spelling in m Blood .

whahahhahaha\

No Maxie, you'd have to go a long way to piss me off. You are included in my very limited group of friends. :o

Are you coming to the piss-up next month? I'm looking forward to meeting Mrs. Tatootoo.

:o i will try hard to go to the piss up , i am planning a trip back to chiangmai during Songkran ,

but seem to be pack with work and task ..

-------------

back to topic ,

i wonder OP have some kinda punch line .. which he want to share from his personal exp .

or some event that stamp his view as such the world is cold .

is how you see half glass full or half gone :D

I must add that sometimes after spending an hour or so reading on TV, you do come away with quite a negative view of Thailand,

Sometimes it's hard to remember the good points of LOS

thats when you get back to reality off the cyber world and enjoy thailand the way you like it. you would not be here otherwise.

Hi all !

cause when they do decide to help you, you don't reciprocate. get it?

just realised that i do know you !!!! :D:o take it easy buddy. you do know that i am only a phone call away and will try my best to help... that applies to all you other nice people on TV. believe me there are a lot of nice people here. especially blinky bill :D

I must add that sometimes after spending an hour or so reading on TV, you do come away with quite a negative view of Thailand,

Sometimes it's hard to remember the good points of LOS

Admittedly, there are many positive things about Thailand.

And as sure as he!!, there are many negative (2nd most corrupt country in Asia for starters according to leading Thai commentators, who I might add are not overly proud of that fact)

If the reality of life in the realm "or what you perceive it to be from reading posts on TV" is negative / positive, go and make up your own mind.

BUT don't complain when people write it like it is. Many of the "positive" posters" are writing as they do because their bread and butter depends on telling the world that it's the greatest little country on the face of the planet.

If any young woman expresses an interest in visiting I will tell her all of the "bad things" that have happened with increasing regularity in the hope that she will not become another "statistic"

If she visits and leaves having had a wonderful experience and if my advice to her has helped her visit to be this way then I will be satisfied.

No point in saying that black is white.

I will tell it like it is "nuff said"

Edited by john b good

When I first joined ThaiVisa about three years ago, I really needed lots of help since I was about to move here. I posted what seems like a hundred questions and got help with the lot of them. In my experience most of the members are a friendly and helpful lot. The tone can sometimes be a bit "coarse", but the heart of the message is usually positive :o

/ Priceless

:o BB, every time I read one your remarks about spelling etc. I hear my mother. :D

Ahum, she's 80 :D :D :D :D

On the other side though, it does have a positive influence on me. Thanks Teach! :D

My goodness Nienke, your dear mother has got only a few years on me. And look at the marvellous job she did........I have paid particular attention to your many posts and noted that your English spelling and grammar is almost without fault, a remarkable achievement considering English is not your native tongue.

So many posters feel that my criticism is unwarranted, well I pay them no attention. I live in the hope that others will follow your example and make the Thai Visa Forum a better Forum than what it already is by using correct and proper English.

As for some posters suggesting that some others make posts but hide behind their forum persona, well in my opinion many do, however I am sure you and the many other members that know me realise that I do not fit into this category. I would say the same things to your face as I do on this particular medium.

I do look forward to seeing you and many others again at the TV BBQ.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Absolutely could not help myself, glad you took it in the spirit it was meant; a gentle ribbing :o

Well, I don't know about the CM forum specifically, but I think there are plenty of helpful members here, Bambi, lopburi and Scouser all spring to mind as outstanding examples. But, one must separate the wheat from the chaff when reading this forum.

I live in the hope that others will . . . make the Thai Visa Forum a better Forum . . . by using correct and proper English.

I note that your expressed hope applies only to others, but I believe that, as you consider it further, you will probably wish also to roll up your sleeves and muck about yourself in making the Thai Visa Forum a better forum by using correct and proper English whenever possible. In that belief and to that end, I offer you the following advice:

As spelling and grammar are two different things, connected by an 'and', the following sentence wants an 'are' where you gave it an 'is'.

I have . . . noted that your English spelling and grammar is almost without fault. . . .

Don't mention it! :o

I live in the hope that others will . . . make the Thai Visa Forum a better Forum . . . by using correct and proper English.

I note that your expressed hope applies only to others, but I believe that, as you consider it further, you will probably wish also to roll up your sleeves and muck about yourself in making the Thai Visa Forum a better forum by using correct and proper English whenever possible. In that belief and to that end, I offer you the following advice:

As spelling and grammar are two different things, connected by an 'and', the following sentence wants an 'are' where you gave it an 'is'.

I have . . . noted that your English spelling and grammar is almost without fault. . . .

Don't mention it! :o

After posting that, I was suddenly struck by the irony of me being so helpful in the middle of a topic that began as a query as to why people are not more helpful around here! :D