Morseng And Other Thai 'health Tonic's

LuckyLucas

Hello All

My wife has come back from one of her ladies' lunches wanting me to buy her a bottle of Morseng. Apparently its a health tonic thats very good for insides (our daughter is 4 months old). It's 2500 tbh for a bottle. I said ok if she brings me a label and I'll checkitout on the web.

She came back with one of those glossy gift-wrap-bags (the sort you put bottles of spirits in at christmas) with the Morseng logo and some portly thai man on the cover. I don't ever recall seeing medicine with gold tassles on the packaging...

I'd like to know if any other TV members have come across it. maybe also cajoled into buying it. maybe even found some benefits from using it.

It seems to me the sort of quack medicine tonic that travelling hustlers would sell out of the back of horse-and-carts in the wild west.

I also couldn't find the thai word for placebo - is there one?

I'm not being tight but I'm not happy as its the same group of friends that said my wife should not continue breast feeding as she had had a cold - and this is actually the opposite of the case and very bad advice.

Morseng anyone?