Loy Krahtong

jayenram

This year the Loy Krathong festival falls on 24, 25, and 26 November, with 26 November being the full moon of the twelfth lunar month, and the day when most of the festivities happen.

what is everyone doing this loy kratong? I have relatives coming in and am looking for some ideas. want to avoid crowds and suped-up restaurant prices if possible. usaulyl i spent it in bangkok. send out my float in the chao praya and then go eat in a restaurant, hopefully near the water. outside bangkok would be nice though.

Loy Krathong is alway on the first full moon night of November. You have to have a Lunar calendar. What people normally do is floatting those beautiful Krathongs, lighting some fireworks or watch the firework display and having good food and drink.

November 5? aren't you guys talking about the Guy Fawkes festival in UK? The celebration of some guy (Guy Fawkes) trying to blow the british parliament up but got caught.

what is everyone doing this loy kratong? I have relatives coming in and am looking for some ideas. want to avoid crowds and suped-up restaurant prices if possible. usaulyl i spent it in bangkok. send out my float in the chao praya and then go eat in a restaurant, hopefully near the water. outside bangkok would be nice though.

Try taking a boat to the floating restaurant at the Nontaburi pier. Great sunset and a good place to loy your kratong, great, cheap food too. Lots of activities relating to the festival. A ###### of a lot better than the park at the emporium, where I went last year. Have to take a taxi home as the big boats stop early. You could get one of those loud longtail boats though. Not many foreigners too, unless everyone on this board decides to go :o

This year the Loy Krathong festival falls on 24, 25, and 26 November, with 26 November being the full moon of the twelfth lunar month, and the day when most of the festivities happen.

Yes, this is correct. It is Friday, November 26th this year.

This year I will be at my GF house in Kalasin, having a bit of a family do... Last year I missed it but the year before I was on Koh Samet during Loy Kratong and went to the temple on the island, then released the floats into the sea... it was good..

totster :o

Loy Krathong is alway on the first full moon night of November. You have to have a Lunar calendar. What people normally do is floatting those beautiful Krathongs, lighting some fireworks or watch the firework display and having good food and drink.

November 5? aren't you guys talking about the Guy Fawkes festival in UK? The celebration of some guy (Guy Fawkes) trying to blow the british parliament up but got caught.

:D

Ahhh Fireworks (Bonfire Night – with Toffee Apples etc…) 5th (of never - happened ) November – in U.K.

Guy Fawkes :o

Picture this…………….. :wub:

medium.jpg

And just look what happened ……… :D

medium.jpg

At this place right here in Thailand…… -_-

medium.jpg

Welcome one and all to:- :(

Kanchanaburi Sound and Light Festival, starts around the same date this year as Loy Krathong ...... :)

Please have a look:- :)

Kanchanaburi Sound and Light Festival :D

Kan Win :D

Yes,Guy Fawkes night or what we call Bonfire night here in the Uk, still not sure how did he die? someone said he got execution by being blown up by the fireworks :o

Kanchanaburi sound and light festival, I have been there it was brilliant. Do they still doing that show of the second world war? noises of the prisoners who built the bridge,the bombs,the steam engine etc.

Kanchanaburi sound and light festival, I have been there it was brilliant. Do they still doing that show of the second world war? noises of the prisoners who built the bridge,the bombs,the steam engine etc.

Yes, Steam Train for sure, together with what you mentioned. They did it last year and the year before, but the year before that they did a "Musical" …… :D would you believe that ……… Most of the local people apologised to the Tourists (both Thai and Foreign) that came to see those shows and then the local people went on to complained to the Kan City Council. -_-

The best ever was about 5 and 6 years ago with the Laser Lights. Now that was really Great. :)

Out of my last 14 years living here in Thailand I must have seen it 9 or so years now.

Last year, what a who-ha, they never played the “Kings’ Anthem” until some Fat Ugly Farang complained so much that they played it at the start of each show and every show after that – that Farang was me – ( Talk about Cracking Thai Faces) Shame - really… :(

One must say however, last years’ show :o was not produced by Kan people like in all the pervious years, but by a Thai Entertainment Agency with does a lot of Concerts, Show and Movies for T.V. around Thailand and believe it or not the first 3 letters of this company begins with ?????????????? :D

Yes……………… :wub:

You’ve guest it already KAN………… :D

Lets hope this year, one does not have to Kan it once them again… :)

Kan Win - from the "Land of Peace and Love".

Yes,Guy Fawkes night or what we call Bonfire night here in the Uk, still not sure how did he die? someone said he got execution by being blown up by the fireworks :o

Guy Fawkes was hung, drawn and quartered on 27th January 1606 at St. Paul's Churchyard, London.

The method of execution meant he was hung from a rope by the neck until almost dead, cut down and taken to a block where he was cut open and his intestines drawn out whilst still alive; finally the body was cut into quarters. Usually each quarter was displayed at a different gate to the city.

Kanchanaburi Sound and Light Festival, starts around the same date this year as Loy Krathong ......  :D

Started earlier for british backpackers this year...

:o:D:D

Shame on you for posting this .......... :D

Kanchanaburi Sound and Light Festival, starts around the same date this year as Loy Krathong ......  :D

:o:D:D

That was posted by my evil twin brother, not me....

Kanchanaburi Sound and Light Festival, starts around the same date this year as Loy Krathong ......  -_-

:o:wub::D

That was posted by my evil twin brother, not me....

:D:(:D

Nice one :)