Beach Road Traffic Problems Solved!

thaieagle67

Quote from Pattaya Mail article on Pattaya's traffic problems; -

"officials would collect parking fees from anyone parking along Beach Road. Parking areas would be marked with painted lines, and cars, motorcycles, baht buses and taxis will all have to pay to use these areas. The fee for the first hour for vehicles will be 10 baht, rising to 20 baht for each extra hour. For motorcycles the fee would be 10 baht for the first hour and 10 baht for each additional hour.

The police have been asked to strictly enforce the parking regulations and fines will be imposed for anyone disregarding the law."

They have got to be having a laugh? Even in Thailand where salaries are low, this amount of fine is going to achieve what exactly? And if the person(s) refuse to pay up, you think that the local BIB will drag somebody to court for 10baht.

Again they are skirting around the issues, as there should be no parking (except motorbikes & delivery vehicles) period, no hire firms plying their trade on beach road, reduce the amount of baht buses and no bl**dy tour coaches dropping/picking up hoards of tourists.

If most of the forum members see these as the major problems with beach road then why can't a government on-site survey see it............................beyond belief! :o

"officials would collect parking fees from anyone parking along Beach Road. Parking areas would be marked with painted lines, and cars, motorcycles, baht buses and taxis will all have to pay to use these areas.

For the benefiit of all those who haven't read the Pattaya Mail article, could you explain the context of the article and clear up the confusion with the verbs "would" and "will".

Is this going to happen, or is this just someone's idea of what should happen?

"officials would collect parking fees from anyone parking along Beach Road. Parking areas would be marked with painted lines, and cars, motorcycles, baht buses and taxis will all have to pay to use these areas.

For the benefiit of all those who haven't read the Pattaya Mail article, could you explain the context of the article and clear up the confusion with the verbs "would" and "will".

Is this going to happen, or is this just someone's idea of what should happen?

I'm guessing it's just someone's idea of what should (or could) happen.

If it happens, this "would" happen and if this "would" happen, then all "will" have to pay.

I know, really bad English, but that's my best interpretation.

I have heard the authorities are going to put one red brick on the sidewalk in each block.

It will be the honor system for each parker to place his baht under the brick for the police to pick up later.

The amount of revenue generated in this manner will be unbelievable.

I have heard the authorities are going to put one red brick on the sidewalk in each block.

It will be the honor system for each parker to place his baht under the brick for the police to pick up later.

The amount of revenue generated in this manner will be unbelievable.

:o:D:D

Like condo owners putting their 45 bahts under an empty water bottle on water delivery day.