Football

Hi Guys and girls

I am coming to bang kok this friday, just for the weekend.

Can anybody recommend a spot to view the football games.

Any great pubs or good bars where I can enjoy a match?? or is this finished now thinking of the 1 am closing time??

Ps I am travelling with my wife so no girlie bars please!!!!!

thanks in advance....

The Monkey

:o

or is this finished now thinking of the 1 am closing time??

Well you'll be able to watch the lunchtime and afternoon kick offs...you might have a problem with any evening games...

Sorry can't recommend anywhere but most bars will have the premiership on ( assuming you mean English football).

totster :o

Sorry can't recommend anywhere but most bars will have the premiership on ( assuming you mean English football).

totster :D

:D No Premier games this weekend as England are playing Wales in there first competitive match against each other for 20 years, yehh.

COME ON ENGLAND :o

Yeah they've done ok the last couple of years but started the group poorly. A defeat tomorrow will leave them with a lot to do.

Won't be easy but can't see England slipping up, you never know, Wales do have some real talent.

Was expecting them to have maximum points from Azerbaijan and NI but didn't look particularly good in either.

As long as Cardiff stay where they are i'll be happy :o

France v Republic should be interesting. Hopefully they can snatch a point.

^ If it's in Paris I can't see the Irish getting a draw. It could be a different story if it's at Lansdowne Road. Anybody know what time this game is on?

I wouldn't be surprised if England vs Wales finishes 1-1.

Drunken Monkey - You won't have a problem finding somewhere to watch it. Thais are crazy about football and every pub and bar in BKK will show it.

Sven has shaken his conservative shackles off!

3 Pronged attack, Owen, ROONEY & Defoe all start :o

Lively opening 20 minutes when Wales will come out strong, before England settle down and win at a canter. 2-0.

Just about to start now. A very moving minutes silence for Mr Kenneth Bigley. RIP.

English supporters a disgrace as usual.

Really bad booing by a massive proportion of the crowd during the welsh national anthem and plenty of shouting and loud cursing during Kenneth Bigleys silence which I think did not last anywhere near a minute because of this.

They need to take a lesson from the Irish supporters on how to behave and show respect to other nations!

One or two mindless idiots shouting Blair has blood on his hands, WELSH & ENGLISH....

However, followed by 50 000 others showing there dis-pleasure with boo's...

There is always one or two bad eggs. Do you think all Muslims are terrorists?

Yes maybe one or 2 idiots shouting through the minutes silence; typical, england seems to breed mindless idiots of the football ilke! But thousands booing the Welsh National Anthem, no excuse at all!

btw: I'm english (plastic paddy) and a spurs supporter all my life.

Check this bbc link: what happened during the anthems/silence:

Needs 4 line copies to get it into the the full URL address

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?thread=

%3C1097347961-13028.16%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk

%3E&find=%3C1097347961-13028.16%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk

%3E&board=sixosix.international&sort=Te

Yes maybe one or 2 idiots shouting through the minutes silence; typical, england seems to breed mindless idiots of the football ilke! But thousands booing the Welsh National Anthem, no excuse at all!

btw: I'm english (plastic paddy) and a spurs supporter all my life.

Check this bbc link: what happened during the anthems/silence:

Needs 4 line copies to get it into the the full URL address

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2cluster2/h2.cgi?thread=

%3C1097347961-13028.16%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk

%3E&find=%3C1097347961-13028.16%40forum3.mh.bbc.co.uk

%3E&board=sixosix.international&sort=Te

This is from the link you posted.

re: DISGUSTING Saha- 410th post - 9 Oct 2004 20:04

Did you go to the game??? if you did you would realise that an idiot shouted F Off Wales in response to shouts of c'mon Wales and f-oof England, all during the minutes silence, DISGRACEFUL. [reply] [Complain about this post]

Seems it was the Welsh.

Was as comfortable win as could be expected I thought. Re the boo-ing, yes out of order but you hear it all over the world, Parc de Princes in particular from personal experience. Doesn't make it any better for us though.

England dominated and could have scored 3 or 4 more. Robinson a spectator.

Ireland were excellent. Bit disappointed they didn't take all 3 points in the end. Bartez a lucky boy.

Clinton Morrisson was a real hanfdful until he got injured.