Chonabot R.i.p.

taxexile

i have just received a pm from chonabot which i have copied here.

Hiya mate , for some reason unbeknown for me , my postings have been withdrawn by some <deleted> of an mod , I have pm'd each admin/mod

and have recieved no explanation of why and how long etc.

I've had enough and am quitting , would you be so kind as to make a last posting on my behalf?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you!

Just to say cheers to all of the decent members of TV including Taxexile,Tutsi,Markt,DrPP,Plachon,Santini,Francois,Socal,Mrvietnam,Kwiz,Membrane

Due to some idiot mod my postings have been withdrawn , no explanation was given , I've had enough , TV is turning into an advert for <deleted>-r-us.

Cheers

Chon.

i, for one , will miss his short, amusing ,and always to the point postings.

the last line of his message is pretty spot on too.

things have certainly changed in the year or so that i have been a member.

it used to be a lot more fun.

now it is often like reading a middle of the road,downmarket newspaper.

its losing its edge. its losing its humour and its losing its balls.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree entirely, I am spending less time here now.

Another funny, original, spot on poster gone. Shame on the mods, they continue to ignore their own agreements:

p1p 

Posted: Fri 2004-06-25, 09:21:43

Group: Super Moderators

Member No.: 668

I can confirm that the Moderators and Administrators have got together and agreed that no further such action will be taken without a full explanation being given. If anything has perviously occured to you without notice being given, then it was an oversight or a glitch and I apologise on behalf of the Moderating board.

hi'

if you see or hear about chonabot, say hello and chokdee for me ...

a bit sad to see him out :D

cheers

francois

ps; hey chon ... if you still read the board sometime, feel free to email me, I would be glad

of it :D

good luck to you, and let's the way stay bright for you :D

all the best :o

Just to say cheers to all of the decent members of TV including Taxexile,Tutsi,Markt,DrPP,Plachon,Santini,Francois,Socal,Mrvietnam,Kwiz,Membrane

Due to some idiot mod my postings have been withdrawn , no explanation was given , I've had enough , TV is turning into an advert for <deleted>-r-us.

Cheers

Chon.

well said , but maybe they want to pay lip service to the thais and their advertisers.

but there is an ominous cloud on TVs horizon in the shape of the new mangosauce website which will prolly swipe all their disgruntled and other posters .

mangosauce will prolly be more liberal for posters , a clone of TV without the restrictions

as has been said restrictions on what you can post are becoming ridiculous .

but you can still post idle chit-chat about nothing in particular

so watch out TV ,you are only as good as your posters .

if they all desert you ,you will lose the advertisers .

for me the change started when they started selling thai visa license plate surrounds and thai visa toilet roll holders :o .

i can understand restrictions on bad language, ott sexual content and racism,and the banning of those posters who repeatedly breach those rules, but criticism of thailand and its government and policies and instruments of government should be allowed and encouraged.

i have a lot of fun both reading and posting here , and i hope it will not continue to degenerate into something that tries to be everything for everybody, middle of the road, and catering to the lowest common denominator , but will retain its edge,its own personality and its fun without becoming too commercial,bland and vapid.

maybe the mods are contracted to impose certain restrictions by their paymasters and have to abide by regulations pertaining to what can be accessed on the web in thailand.

mangosauce.com eh , maybe i'll mosey on over and take a look.

Maybe something to do with the Bigley thread that was zapped yesterday night?

Not true....

Chon's posts were being monitored almost a week ago. I know, because he PM'd me.

Chon was / is one of the most amusing posters here. He also has a reasoned argument on most subjects, and the invaribly the right one...

Chon, you will be missed :o

It would be nice to know what Chon posted instead of this "stealth" banishment that seems to be the norm here.

How about it George, give us a clue - it's the decent thing since he was a long-term member on here. :o

Farewell Chon. I'll miss you too.

It was reading posts by Chon and BC that pulled me into ThaiVisa.

It strikes me that TV is trying very hard to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs!

What happened to all the talk of reform and transparancy that resulted from protests against BC's banning?

No doubt this thread will be closed/deleted shortly.

Its is very well possible that the mod-team collectively is confronted with the famous 'Peters principle'.

Things went probably a little bit over-sized and thereby out of hand.

My compliments for Collina though, he could even be the real one, who I hold in high regards. He is intelligent, has a good feeling for humor and is to the point.

When I saw that he was overruled by another moderator with a blunt one-liner I felt sorry not only for him but for thaivisa as a whole.

It is not easy and that's what the owners of thaivisa start to realise.

You start with a forum about Thailand and you end up with a medium for fundamentalist right-wing americans.

And no courage, or not the insight, to move their 'contributions' linea recta to the bearpit.

Not a bad word about the good and qualified moderators, but some are really helpless. From now on I shall stop contributing untill I see at least the beginning of some changes.

Chonabot is the last person, yes we are people, not just posters, that I'd think of

getting roughed up by admins/mods. He's always been an even keeled chap with a sharp sense of humor. I remember when I first signed on this forum I said something that got me in a spot of bother with the powers that be and Chonabot was kind enough to give me a backing, even as a newbie <deleted>. I haven't been on this forum long enough to know, 'how it used to be,' but it is apparent to me that quite a few 'old timers,' don't seem to be very pleased with the ways things are going. :o

it is apparent to me that quite a few 'old timers,' don't seem to be very pleased with the ways things are going. :o

My vote goes to admin; a lot of the 'old timers' are no great loss.

...and I'm wondering how you would know that? 17 is a big number.

it is apparent to me that quite a few 'old timers,' don't seem to be very pleased with the ways things are going. :o

My vote goes to admin; a lot of the 'old timers' are no great loss.

...and I'm wondering how you would know that? 17 is a big number.

And 6 months to even make it to 17 posts!!!

I suspect it proves the capacity of the marketplace to support someone with 12-16 hours a day to spend on developing another version, where ppl can speak their minds.

I found an Aussie forum the other day which quite clearly states that posters should not post utter crap, but if they do, the owner of the site bears no responsibility.

Similarly links off ones' site to other sites which may in turn have inappropriate content, are not the fault of the site, where the link was located.

Maybe it's time to take a hard look at the quality of some of the mods/admins, though personally, under this guise I have no problems overall.

Hiya mate , for some reason unbeknown for me , my postings have been withdrawn by some <deleted> of an mod , I have pm'd each admin/mod

and have recieved no explanation of why and how long etc.

I've had enough and am quitting , would you be so kind as to make a last posting on my behalf?

Thanks in advance and good luck to you!

Cheers

Chon.

OK Tax. George and I had a chat and Chon is paroled forthwith. I have to say that he and I have never exchanged a cross word. Let him know Tax. I will too.

Happy to oblige. :o

perhaps you should add to the forum rules that mods/admins are allowed to mention oral sex / but if a mere member mentions anal sex in the same thread they shall also be banned without notice or warning :o

Perhaps Bangkok Tonite is your go Frank. Oral or anal isn't quite a visa matter, ( although unfettered entrance is required )

as usual all is silent in MOD land ...  :o

Not that quiet. George and I conspired to release Chonabot. As I have said previously, neither he or I have ever exchanged a cross word. I enjoy chatting with him, and hope that he returns.

Hi doc, thanks for the reply :D

Isn't there a way you can track changes made in the admin system in a log somewhere ? MAybe it would be easier for you guys not only to check upon your readers but your mods as well :D.

Something that prints a report on who's account has changed status, has been banned and for how long , what reason ect...

Just an idea. :D

Not that quiet. George and I conspired to release Chonabot. As I have said previously, neither he or I have ever exchanged a cross word. I enjoy chatting with him, and hope that he returns.

Isn't there a way you can track changes made in the admin system in a log somewhere ? MAybe it would be easier for you guys not only to check upon your readers but your mods as well :D.

Something that prints a report on who's account has changed status, has been banned and for how long , what reason ect...

Dark... I agree. Whether it can or cannot be done is the question. Would you mind PM'ing George with your idea. He's the IT guru and will know what can or cannot be done. Thanks

perhaps you should add to the forum rules that mods/admins are allowed to mention oral sex / but if a mere member mentions anal sex in the same thread they shall also be banned without notice or warning  :o

Perhaps Bangkok Tonite is your go Frank. Oral or anal isn't quite a visa matter, ( although unfettered entrance is required )

31 out of the 33 forums on this site arent exactly visa related :D

perhaps you should add to the forum rules that mods/admins are allowed to mention oral sex / but if a mere member mentions anal sex in the same thread they shall also be banned without notice or warning  :o

31 out of the 33 forums on this site arent exactly visa related :D

Whatever. I still think a man with your thought process is more suited there.

Dark... I agree. Whether it can or cannot be done is the question. Would you mind PM'ing George with your idea. He's the IT guru and will know what can or cannot be done. Thanks

Hi doc,

normally it should be possible as a forum is just a database, maybe extra fields can be specified.

For reporting crystal reports come to mind for example. although i don't know if it runs on a mysql database.

If you want i can always supply soft to you if needed.

I'll send this thread to george now.