Sombat Bigley Plans Uk Trip

12call

The agonising details of Ken's last moments were disclosed yesterday as his wife Sombat exclusively revealed to the News of the World that PM Tony Blair had contacted her to pass on his sympathies.

She said: "Tony Blair called once but at the time I was too upset to talk properly.

"But I am told he will be calling again."

Tearful Sombat also revealed how she plans to travel from her home in Thailand to comfort Ken's mother Lil, 86, in Liverpool. Lil, being nursed through the ordeal by relatives at her home, has already been taken to hospital twice with stress. Sombat, speaking from the British Embassy compound in Bangkok where she is being looked after, added: "I am so sad and I am so sorry. I can't cope.

"I never gave up hope that Ken would be freed. Even when I heard his death had been reported, I wanted to wait until it was confirmed before shedding my tears.

"I always had hope, even up until then. I am very upset but I will be talking with the British Ambassador later to talk about going to the UK to see Ken's mum." Later Sombat, 35, was shown on a video released by the British Embassy paying tribute to her husband.

Sombat said: "No words can express the agony I feel for the loss of Ken. He was a good man and a loving, caring husband. He went to Iraq to help the Iraqi people."

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news2.shtml