Savings Account In Thailand

I have a savings account in Thailand. Which I have a passbook & ATM card for that account. I gave my account number to a person who owes me some money. There suppose to deposit the money in my savings account. They do not have the passbook & ATM card. Only the account number. Do they have access to take money out?

I have a savings account in Thailand. Which I have a passbook & ATM card for that account. I gave my account number to a person who owes me some money. There suppose to deposit the money in my savings account. They do not have the passbook & ATM card. Only the account number. Do they have access to take money out?

No. To make a withdrawal requires the passbook to be presented and a SIGNED Withdrawal Slip. The signature on the Withdrawal Slip is checked - by the bank teller - against the signature on the bank's database. The person making the withdrawal must also present identification; ID card if Thai or PP if foreigner. The withdrawal slip is supposed to be signed in front of the teller, not before.

If you gave your account number to a third party, they can make out a Deposit slip with the holder's name and account number to pay money into the account but could not make a withdrawal. (But this is Thailand!)