A Good Dentist In Phuket...

RDN

It's about time I went for a dental check-up, so I was wondering if any of the long-stayers in Phuket could recommend a good dentist or, if you had a bad one, could warn me against any bad ones?

All advice gratefully received. :o

Dr. Srisuda - at Bangkok Phuket - is my favorite - and one of the best dentists I've used ANYWHERE.

She is actually a trained periodontist (sp?) (gum disease doc) - and has taken care of some long-term problems for me - better than many a western trained dentist has.

She is very gentle - pays attention to what you have to say - and really the cost is quite low.

I HATE dentists and dental work (have a bad history with them) - but this lady is one of the best around.

Unpaid advertisement here? No, I just think she is great.

I go to Phuket Dental Clinic in Phuket Town. Take Phuket Town road (Chaofa) from Chalong circle, all the way until the end (Khao Rang Hill), T-junction traffic lights, turn right, about the 3rd set of traffic lights, right turn (on the corner is a car shop), 20m from the traffic lights, right side (next to DHL office).

Tel: 076-258 271

Owned by a team of Thai couple, very very nice. I haven't been to dentist for over 10 years when I arrived there and she (wife) fixed me right up - pulled a bad molar and painless! And too unreasonably cheap. A clean costs me 450 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Next week I will pluck up the courage to have a check up!

And thanks to "inthehouse" for the link - I got it OK in the "notification" email before that nasty new mod FTH got his hands on your post! ( -_- to FTH :D:D:wub: ) (Only joking FTH, don't start with a hair trigger like "ban 'em all" Wolfie! :o:D:D )