Real Estate Agency Fee's

Approximately 70% of the real estate agencies charge 3% commission and the other 30% charge 5% commission. Since most of the large agencies are going to have the same listings it is obvious that if you use a 5% agency then you are going to pay more the property you’re purchasing. Because the seller of the property is going to receive quite a bit less cash at the time of closing due to the fact that the real estate agent is receiving more.

So if you’re planning on purchasing a property it is well worth your while to determine which agencies charge 3% and which charge 5%. You will defiantly get a better deal from the seller from an agency that only charges 3%. And as I mentioned above most of the large agencies all have the same listings, so a little research can save you quite a bit of money as well as time.

Approximately 70% of the real estate agencies charge 3% commission and the other 30% charge 5% commission. Since most of the large agencies are going to have the same listings it is obvious that if you use a 5% agency then you are going to pay more the property you’re purchasing. Because the seller of the property is going to receive quite a bit less cash at the time of closing due to the fact that the real estate agent is receiving more.

So if you’re planning on purchasing a property it is well worth your while to determine which agencies charge 3% and which charge 5%. You will defiantly get a better deal from the seller from an agency that only charges 3%. And as I mentioned above most of the large agencies all have the same listings, so a little research can save you quite a bit of money as well as time.

decent property developers demand and get rates around 1.3 - 1.8% from big agencies like CBRE.

3% is fine for one off homes etc, but a developer can often get lower.

The lower end local type agencies in towns like Pattaya/Hua Hin however are likely to ignore your project if another developer is offering 5% though; I guess that is one way substandard products can still sell.

And in case anyone wonders....yep teh decent clients i consult to pay 1.35%- 1.8% for exclusives.