Ebooks - Where Can I Have Them Printed?

mobs00

I have some digital media; mostly eBooks. I don't like to sit and read books on my computer so does anyone know where I could bring a disk and have them print out the books? I am not looking for a computer printer to do the work as that would take a long time and be expensive, a digital copy machine hooked up to a computer would work best. Any ideas? How much would it cost?

Don't worry UG, I am not in competition with you; unless of course it is over the help........

Don't worry, at this point in time, e-books are so uncomfortable that they are not any competition at all and printing them out is fairly expensive and far from ideal.

At one time, Stephen Leather was offering the very popular book "Private Dancer" for free on his website, but you had to print it yourself. Everyone knew about it, but even my cheapest buddies prefered to buy a real one! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have carried eBooks on PDAs for some time. I even have about twenty books loaded on my phone now, but they are a pain to read and I only use them for reference.

I might be interested in a Kimble - if the price was significantly lower and I could put my own content on it, backed up from my computer. It would be nice to carry a selection of Gutenberg books. As it seems Kimble is tied to Amazon and to the USA, I will take a long rain check.

I am not looking for a computer printer to do the work as that would take a long time and be expensive, a digital copy machine hooked up to a computer would work best.

And how is that different from a laser printer, other than that it'd print a bit faster and would be a lot more expensive due to the thing being much more expensive to buy & service, with toner & paper costs being roughly the same?

(Don't answer that. :o )

Anyway: the road between the Eastern Entrance to CMU and Nimmanhaemin has a lot of copy & print shops. That'd likely be cheapest.

Don't worry, at this point in time, e-books are so uncomfortable that they are not any competition at all and printing them out is fairly expensive and far from ideal.

At one time, Stephen Leather was offering the very popular book "Private Dancer" for free on his website, but you had to print it yourself. Everyone knew about it, but even my cheapest buddies prefered to buy a real one! :o

I imagine you are correct with printing costs. I would expect the real thing cheaper and in a better format for reading and storing. Especially 2nd hand books are good value as so many offload recent releases in a market like this. Have to get out to your shop soon. Funny, just occurred to me how much I miss reading!

Where its true that second hand books are the way to go.. I recently got a DVD with over 13,000 e-books on it. Now first I don't condone pirating anything but this was a gift and its truly amazing how many books can be kept on one DVD. This being said I was impressed as the front cover and back cover and all illustrations were preserved in this format as well. Easy to read as I can increase the font size so that I don't have to use my reading glasses. Anyway I wont say where my friend found this DVD but I am sure you can guess in bangkok where it was found. This is the first time I have seen an organized pirating with books. I most likely wont keep it but it was amazing none the less as it had complete works by current authors.

I've been trying to cut back on the book tonnage that I haul around. Usually before moves, I end up giving away, throwing away or selling used the books I accumulate. It all eventually ends up becoming dead weight. So now I always search first for titles in a pda e-book format. It's more of a strain on my eyes, but I have a small library, including a dictionary, in my pda. It's smaller and lighter than most paperbacks and always with me. If I can't find what I'm looking for electronically, then I'll order hardcopy from Amazon. Did once find some used reference books in the Strand but I haven't found a Strand in Asia and am too lazy these days to go down and hunt through the store.