I Need To Buy D-pencillamine 0.25g

greenmember

Penicillamine is avaialable in Thailand under the brand name Cuprimine (made by Merck).

It is not widely used so your best bet would be the pharmacies on Ratchatewi Road near Victory Monument of Fascino's. You could also look into buying it directly from the manufacturer (Merck, Sharp & Dohme).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sheryl,

The Cuprimine has arrived in Vietnam. I'm so happy I helped the patient. I truly appreciate your knowledge. You saved a life.

They were so desperate as they can't find the medicine anywhere, speak no English (how can they communicate if they fly to other countries to buy directly?) and might not know how to search the web to find the info (they can't know where they should fly to). They even don't have passports yet. Google didn't help when I used key word "D-Pencillamine". All of us were so desperate until I got your answer in here. Thank you so much.

A bit of the story:

I phoned Sharp and Dohm or MSD (Thailand) but they don't sell directly to consumers. I also phoned the Fascino but they don't have Cuprimine. I asked the pharmacy near our home (in Thailand) to order from MSD. They sold in white plastic bottle of 100 pcs with big wording Cuprimine and small wording at the lower line D-Pencillamine. Cost 1,450 Baht.

As soon as the medicine arrived at the pharmacy (4 days), I sent by EMS to Vietnam. EMS cost 550 Baht but took 9 days to reach the recipient (I sent on Saturday noon time). I declared in the EMS form "medicine not sold in Vietnam (emergency)".

Here's the website of the company in case anyone needs:

http://www.msd-thailand.com/content/fr/cor...contact_us.html