I Hate Songkran!

Jingthing

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did they expect Walt Disney World?

Hey, you stole my line! Pattaya "IS" Disney World... for men. There is nowhere else on the planet like it. It comes with all the warts as well as all the great things. Stay or leave, but don't complain. Pattaya is what it is... unique.

Songkrain is a bag of shit in pattaya.

i go up country for it, its more fun and more real.

Pattaya songkrain, is about throwing ice cold water over people on motor bikes.

total <deleted>. :o:D:D

Succinct ! - and accurate.

I recommend merging this post and paethon's poster about the tradition of Songkran

As this is indeed a predictable repeating topic, why bother opening a NEW 2009 I HATE SONGKRAN thread? This one will do just fine. Two months to go until THE HORROR!

Why not? We can just use this thread year after year and see if it will beat the "Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Seaview."

Posts and replies containing flames, name calling, personal insults & referencing suicide have been deleted.

Keep it civil gentlemen.

Thanks for that!

Now we can get back to the original subject:

I HATE SONGKRAN!

I like it a lot less than when I arrived 8 years ago. This is the 1st year that I'm actively planning to be somewhere else- Vietnam which I think is nearly as cool a place as LOS- but I just can't be bothered with it anymore.

Just getting old mebbe. :o

Obviously a fake photo as there is grass or trees in the back ground.

This stuff was removed from pattaya many years ago and replaced with

Half finished bulling projects and Baht bus driver sleeping areas.

Sorry apart from the areas in the middle of the Sukhumvit high way,

all ways good for the kids to play near. (Not)

Songkran Pattaya, <deleted>

Edited by plasticpig

Gosh this thread is funny !

Those that complain are probably quite old now.

Those that love it are obviously younger.

For you old guys..........probably best you go somewhere else.

For us younger ones with hair and lack of beer-bellies..................wooooooooo hoooooooooo!

Posts and replies containing flames, name calling, personal insults & referencing suicide have been deleted.

Keep it civil gentlemen.

Thanks for that!

Now we can get back to the original subject:

I HATE SONGKRAN!

I hate SONGKHRAN, but I love my BIRTHDAY.

unfortunately, its the same day :o

For us younger ones with hair and lack of beer-bellies..................wooooooooo hoooooooooo!

The two week tourist.

Enjoy yourself old boy, then its off to the the airport.

Bye Bye :o:D:D

Think you will find that they have no hair (and many have beer bellies)- heve you actually been in Pattaya Soi 7,8 etc, etc during Songkran ?

You're the joke on this thread.

You've just had your flame posts deleted and now you're at it again.

Why would you assume that Songkran haters are old with no hair and beer-bellies?

Was this your excuse to tell the forum that you're young with hair and a flat belly?

You've got a lot of growing up to do....

Edited by tropo

I hate Christmas too. Always have, always will ... Hating Songkran in Pattaya just means you hate Songkran in Pattaya. It doesn't mean you are fitting in well or not well in Thailand. Of course, many Thai people in Pattaya also hate Songkran in Pattaya.

Edited by Jingthing

Been to Thailand nine times now. In 2007 I finally made it during Songkran. Horrible. Disgusting. I don't mind a few days of nuttiness, but one solid week is ridiculous. 11 am trying to walk to the mall or take the baht bus and get doused. How can that make watching a movie or going shopping enjoyable? Couldn't do anything during the daylight hours even up until dinner time. I basically holed up in my hotel, the flipper, and slept in late and spent time at the pool and luckily had a good book to read. Changed my hours so I was out later at night.

One early/late night coming back from Walking Street, I watched one poor girl all dressed up obviously heading for work in a hotel or restaurant or soome other indoor business get held and grabbed by a Thai while another soaked her with a hose. She just stood there and mildly and meekly took it. Because of my distaste for foreign jails I did not intervene and risk some sort of assault or other charges. Shame on them for ruining her day.

What is worse was the anger and vicisousness I saw in many of the Thais. They are externalizing their dislike of foreigners for many reasons. They were over zealous in their dousings. Traditional and ancient Songkran was nice. This outfitting pickup trucks with water barrels and high pressure hoses is disgusting.

Won't be in Thailand any time near those dates ever again.

Been to Thailand nine times now. In 2007 I finally made it during Songkran. Horrible. Disgusting. I don't mind a few days of nuttiness, but one solid week is ridiculous. 11 am trying to walk to the mall or take the baht bus and get doused. How can that make watching a movie or going shopping enjoyable? Couldn't do anything during the daylight hours even up until dinner time. I basically holed up in my hotel, the flipper, and slept in late and spent time at the pool and luckily had a good book to read. Changed my hours so I was out later at night.

One early/late night coming back from Walking Street, I watched one poor girl all dressed up obviously heading for work in a hotel or restaurant or soome other indoor business get held and grabbed by a Thai while another soaked her with a hose. She just stood there and mildly and meekly took it. Because of my distaste for foreign jails I did not intervene and risk some sort of assault or other charges. Shame on them for ruining her day.

What is worse was the anger and vicisousness I saw in many of the Thais. They are externalizing their dislike of foreigners for many reasons. They were over zealous in their dousings. Traditional and ancient Songkran was nice. This outfitting pickup trucks with water barrels and high pressure hoses is disgusting.

Won't be in Thailand any time near those dates ever again.

Spot on in everything you said!

Try getting to PIH on Soi 4 during Songkran. My gf was very sick and needed to get there one Songkran. It's pretty rough shivering in the waiting room in the aircon while soaking wet and feeling ill.

What is worse was the anger and vicisousness I saw in many of the Thais. They are externalizing their dislike of foreigners for many reasons. They were over zealous in their dousings.

Exactly. It is the flip side of the Thai cultural ideal of politeness, which sadly isn't overly evident even in normal times in Pattaya.

I hate Christmas too. Always have, always will ... Hating Songkran in Pattaya just means you hate Songkran in Pattaya. It doesn't mean you are fitting in well or not well in Thailand. Of course, many Thai people in Pattaya also hate Songkran in Pattaya.

Hate is the consequence of fear; we fear something before we hate it; a child who fears noises becomes a man who hates noise.

I also dislike Christmas, but for a different reason. I enjoyed Christmas as a child... because of all the presents, but once I became a teenager I grew to dislike it more each year. And, that was entirely the fault of my mother getting up tight and b!tchy because everything had to be just SOOOO perfect. Then, on Christmas day she was all cheerful and everyone else was grumpy.

It is always too bad when what SHOULD be a happy, fun event gets ruined by louts who have an agenda to screw everything up and hide behind the festivities. It happens at big soccer matches and just about every other event that isn't heavily policed. In Canada we have near riots after final football or hockey games. The police always seem to be an hour late after everything is out of control. Nail the few perps at the start and a riot would never start.

Hate is the consequence of fear; we fear something before we hate it; a child who fears noises becomes a man who hates noise.

Sure thing mate. I FEAR being attacked by a mad mob of drunken louts throwing ice cubed pond scum at my face (while smearing me with carcinogenic paste) and high powered water hoses. Thus, I hate it. You are so right.

Edited by Jingthing

OK OK I'm outta here in a dignified manner. Whatever you choose to do when Songkran arrives whether you love it or hate it have a nice day!

PS: Thanks for the laughs Phatcharanan glad someone has a sense of humor.

sawatdee

It is NOT a bloody DAY!

It lasts OVER A WEEK!

I wouldn't care a whit if it was ONE day!

You're the joke on this thread.

You've just had your flame posts deleted and now you're at it again.

Why would you assume that Songkran haters are old with no hair and beer-bellies?

Was this your excuse to tell the forum that you're young with hair and a flat belly?

You've got a lot of growing up to do....

Thankfully many more years do do that in than you I suspect....old boy ! :o