- The No. 1 Beer Contest -

bollox

which one of these is your favourite beer & why ?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

some of them really taste like piss :D , some like cabbage water :o and some are bloody strong :D .

the poll may be unfair to some of the brands since there is a problem that many bar owners seem to be unable to grasp the concept of choice, keeping only 2 or 3 beers, rarely is there any choice other than Singha, Heineken, or Carlsberg.

i am not a boozer- only have a few beers (Heineken) once going down to a pub or nightclub (with financial constraints :D )

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been six months already since we last had a best beer poll?

Anyway, just a comment regarding some bar owners keeping only a small selection of beers, my local keeps the following and I'll surely miss one:

*Chang*

Archa

Leo

Tiger

VB (for some obscure reason)

Heineken

Singha

Sing Gold

Tetleys

Guinness

Budweiser (in case a septic calls in)

Erdinger

Warsteiner

Miller Light (? must have got it cheap)

There was also some (well) out of date Carlesberg kicking about until very recently.

Tiger hands down.. Used to be Hieneken but the chemi taste v Tiger has me on Tigers all the way... Lots of the more serious drinkers head for the Chang as it seems to have that little extra kick..

Will be interesting when San Miguel is available as they have been threatening it for a while now.

It appears Tiger is missing from the list. I only drink Tiger these days. It's incredibly crisp, a cold bottle of Tiger has the most awesome first-sip effect which i look forward to after work. Beats all the others hands down.

... but Budweiser undoubtedly my fave, particularlly in a hot climate.

Really don't like Heineken at all. :o

Fully agree on Heineken, I just don't like it.

Budweiser? The real one from Budvar, Czech, is one of the best I know.

Never saw it in LoS. Next door, in Vietnam you get it as draught. Great.

The US-Budweiser? Perhaps you are right, great for hot country to drink in six-packs, but sorry, like sex in a canoe, fukcing close to water.

Oh well, no fighting about taste. :D

Chang - it's a mans beer! :o

Seriously though - I associate it it with some great nights in the past in Thailand. Incidentally, a mate I was backpacking with through Thailand years ago sought to try and import some Chang into the U.K but found out it would be basically impossible to import it into Europe since one or more of the ingredients are not allowed... Hmmm, that explains a few things :D

Has it been six months already since we last had a best beer poll?

Anyway, just a comment regarding some bar owners keeping only a small selection of beers, my local keeps the following and I'll surely miss one:

*Chang*

Archa

Leo

Tiger

VB (for some obscure reason)

Heineken

Singha

Sing Gold

Tetleys

Guinness

Budweiser (in case a septic calls in)

Erdinger

Warsteiner

There was also some (well) out of date Carlesberg kicking about until very recently.

Though he got busted for the selling Guinness cans J.

I don't see 'Thai beer' listed, but then again, don't even know any Thais who drink the stuff , or even if they still make it?

My vote went to Singha, a close finish with Tiger, but Singha has that extra 1% kick .

Oh well,I grew up on Cascade Pale Ale, there is alot more to Aussie beer than Fosters :D . My chances of finding a drop of it the kingdom are Buckley's though :o

Chang - it's a mans beer! :o

Seriously though - I associate it it with some great nights in the past in Thailand. Incidentally, a mate I was backpacking with through Thailand years ago sought to try and import some Chang into the U.K but found out it would be basically impossible to import it into Europe since one or more of the ingredients are not allowed... Hmmm, that explains a few things :D

It's fairly common in the Uk these days , so I guess they binned the formaldihide along with Singha

:D

Chang - it's a mans beer!  :o

Seriously though - I associate it it with some great nights in the past in Thailand. Incidentally, a mate I was backpacking with through Thailand years ago sought to try and import some Chang into the U.K but found out it would be basically impossible to import it into Europe since one or more of the ingredients are not allowed... Hmmm, that explains a few things  :D

It's fairly common in the Uk these days , so I guess they binned the formaldihide along with Singha

:D

Now the proud sponsors of Everton FC. Perhaps the Chang is behind the team's improvement so far this season.

Scouse.

Or blind drunk..... ! :o

A nice ice cold glass of cider would go down nice somedays when in LOS ( Blackthorn pref.)

totster :D

Totster i am a cider man too,I love draught Scrumpy Jack,or Strongbow,I took 6 bottles with me last time,It didn't last long though.

Or blind drunk..... ! :D

A nice ice cold glass of cider would go down nice somedays when in LOS ( Blackthorn pref.)

totster :D

Totster i am a cider man too,I love draught Scrumpy Jack,or Strongbow,I took 6 bottles with me last time,It didn't last long though.

Cider. Yummy! :D

Real cider is even better. When it's cloudy it's at its weakest. After having fermented in the cask whle it's being sold in the pub it clears and then you tend to have an 8% (or more! :o ) brew! Many-a-time I've become truly shit-faced on real cider and never wake with the "<deleted> was in that?!?" feeling you get with some beers.

Just back from the Suan Lum Night Bazaar. The beer garden there has the best selection of beers in Bangkok. I've just had Paulaner Salvator and Franziskaner Dunkel Weissbier. Really makes a change from the standard brews around town. As a Brit that likes real ale when back in England my usual tipple these days is Tiger but the best beer in Bangkok has to be Headbutt Strong Ale, only available at the airport in the brewpub there. If anyone knows anywhere else to find it please let me know.