Mcdonald's

jonniebkk

Do the McDonald's in Pattaya deliver? If so, what's the number? I know BK, Pizza Hut, and KFC do...how about the Clown :o

I got the hunkering for a couple Big Macs but would like to save the hassle of getting off my duff to get them :D

Hi John,

McDonalds telephone is 1711.

But they don't deliver this (dark) side of Sukhumvit for orders under 300 Baht.

Don't have the number for Burger King (which I prefer if I have the craving every once in a while).

cheers and bonne appetit

onzestan

But they don't deliver this (dark) side of Sukhumvit for orders under 300 Baht.

Don't have the number for Burger King (which I prefer if I have the craving every once in a while).

Thanks Onzes...300 baht - that's allot of Big Macs!!! Too bad, looks like I'll have to drive to the one next to Mini Siam. Not so bad though...I use the drive-thru window and a round-trip takes only about 20 mins or so.

I too much prefer BK's Whoppers, as previously stated on other threads but I recently came across an interesting article about "healthy" fast-food eating. They compared a Whopper with cheese to the Big Mac. The Whopper had 47 gms fat and 760 calories and the BM only 29 gms and 540 cals.. The Whopper tastes much better than a BM, which I wouldn't even classify as "food" in any traditional sense of the word, but in the interest of "healthy eating," for the time being, whenever the burger bug bites I've been scarfing down 2 BMs vs. 2 Whoppers :o

Also, I have been forgoing the "meals' and just getting the burgers, as the article noted that a medium Coke and fries more than doubles the calorie count...bring it up to 1,130!

Another interesting note was that some of the subs at Subway area a healthy meal. The 6" turkey, roast beef, or ham sandwich has only 330 calories and 8.5 gms of fat. You could double the meat portion for 50 calories more. In comparison, it listed a Penara Sierra Turkey sandwich, which uses thick pesto mayo and an oily foccaccia roll as having 840 cals. and 41 gms fat. (Any similar heavily mayoed sandwich on similar type bread here in Patters would be around the same.)

Happy eating :D

Edited by jonniebkk

Happy eating :D

Wow, counting calories, fat content, etc.etc. :D

And then saying Happy Eating :o

I have 3 rules for my food : Taste, taste and finally taste. :D

No malice intended John enjoy it as long as you can whether it be winesnails in herb butter or a big mac!

cheers

onzestan

how about the Clown :D

The clown usually refers to Jack in the Box, as you would speak into the clown when you ordered at their older drive-thru restaurants.

Here's Ronald making a delivery. :o

0731.jpg

Make me want to barf too.

'scuse me? Not barfing?

Oh.

you two have got way too much time on your hands! :D

I'm happily retired. Anything wrong with that?

Anyway its way too warm to do anything other than sit here in my air-conditioned room

dreaming of Triple Whoppers or a couple of Big Macs.

My days of doing the pentathlon 2 times a week are long gone. :o

cheers

onzestan

I'm happily retired. Anything wrong with that?

Anyway its way too warm to do anything other than sit here in my air-conditioned room

My days of doing the pentathlon 2 times a week are long gone. :o

cheers

onzestan

settle down.. i'm just jealous!

That's for sure...I think its been hitting close to 35c the past couple days!

Expect some more too as I just changed my EDGE connection from B 350 for 100 hours (so I did go offline after a few hours) to a new "all you can eat" per week data package for B 275. Now, I have no economic incentive to go offline...I might never get outside at least till hot season is over in another month or so.

My McDonald's delivery charges will start to add-up however :o

Do the McDonald's in Pattaya deliver? If so, what's the number? I know BK, Pizza Hut, and KFC do...how about the Clown :o

I got the hunkering for a couple Big Macs but would like to save the hassle of getting off my duff to get them :D

How about the double big macs!

You guys are sick! I wouldn't go into a McD's when I lived in the USA. I certainly wouldn't go near the Thai imitation.

Want a good burger? Go to: 1. Rung's; 2. Great American Rib; 3. Bob's; 4. Crossroads. Every one of them is a "real" burger. McD's is the prime example of what Euro's point to as American CRAP! In that case, they are right!

You guys are sick! I wouldn't go into a McD's when I lived in the USA. I certainly wouldn't go near the Thai imitation.

Want a good burger? Go to: 1. Rung's; 2. Great American Rib; 3. Bob's; 4. Crossroads. Every one of them is a "real" burger. McD's is the prime example of what Euro's point to as American CRAP! In that case, they are right!

Dead right, that is American crap with a capital C, even my ex Thai gf who loved farang food referred to the Thai McD's as plastic meat.

Dead right, that is American crap with a capital C, even my ex Thai gf who loved farang food referred to the Thai McD's as plastic meat.

:o Is my thought on McD, got sick from there horse-meat in '67, and haven't been back since :D :D nice to meet similar ppl here! :D

George...calm down jai yen yen :o

Thanks to all our scouting, we all know where to get a good burger. I never said I wanted a "good burger" but a "Big Mac." :D One has not relation to the other...the first being a juicy tasty ground beef pattie garnished with vegetables and condiments on a fresh bread bun and the latter some kinda futuristic space-food concoction of undetermined etiology.

However, sometimes I do feel the need for one and if I get hungry at 1 a.m. there are not allot of other options.

Edited by jonniebkk

Oh my, you are so clever. You don't eat at McDonald's. You are so special and unique.

A Big Mac or Whopper tastes pretty good once in a while no matter what all the psuedo-intellectual :D claim. :o

A Big Mac or Whopper tastes pretty good once in a while no matter what all the psuedo-intellectual :D claim. :o

Oooh the memories. (smiley with wings and a harp) I remember in 1990 when being on a visa run to Penang, all the guys one met on the train, could be found at the McDonalds one hour after arriving in Georgetown. No Mc, KFC, BK, Pizzahut etc. then in Patters.

cheers

onzestan

Oooh the memories. (smiley with wings and a harp) I remember in 1990 when being on a visa run to Penang, all the guys one met on the train, could be found at the McDonalds one hour after arriving in Georgetown. No Mc, KFC, BK, Pizzahut etc. then in Patters.

cheers

onzestan

I think the first MacD was the one in Royal garden, right from the beginning somewhere in 93-94 if I recall correctly.

cheers

onzestan

I think the first MacD was the one in Royal garden, right from the beginning somewhere in 93-94 if I recall correctly.

Correct, as was KFC. The first Burger King was in The Big C complex.

It was only after Au Bon Pain opened that we could find something akin to a good sandwich.

Gladys Knight : Memories......... may be beautiful and yet..........

cheers

onzestan