Any Qualified Electrical Shops In Pattaya?

kbvicar

Does anyone know of a good/trustworthy electrical shop in Pattaya?

I need to retrofit two electronic ballasts to an 8-lamp fluorescent fixture and they came with no wiring diagram. These ballasts are too expensive to risk me blowing them up :o

Rather easy, you just need to get rid of the starter!

With an electronic ballast (ballastronic) on one side you put the mains (220V) and at the other side you'll have 4 connections, 2 going to the 2 connections on 1 side of the lamp and the other 2 to the other side of the lamp...

If you don't want to risk it, Numchai electric, where they sell all the elctricians supplies, about 70 meters before the Naklua traffic lights (when coming from the roundabout). One of the sales man is a pretty good technician, he also repairs quite a lot of stuff such as water heaters etc...

I apologize for jumping into this thread with different, although related subject.

I am currently having two technical problems with my PC's. The most serious is a hardware problem with my laptop. I burned out the hard drive, due to my own stupidity. I used to log on each morning, spend from 1-3 hours working email and other things, then shut down, and reboot once or twice later in the day or evening. I began to get impatient with the time it took to reboot about a month ago, and got into the habit of leaving the laptop on just about all day - anywhere from 10-14 hours. I never thought about the heat factor, and its' affect upon the hard drive. So, I have now lost the hard drive, and, possibly all of the information on it - house and family photos, Microsoft Outlook address book, saved emails, etc.

I'd like to know if anybody out there is, or knows, a trusted "computer geek" with the program and equipment to attempt recovery of data from the burned out drive. I went to a shop in the IT center (where I learned the details described above), and was quoted 2200 baht for a new HD, and 1500 baht for a data recovery attempt. Does that sound reasonable to anyone who has done this before? The shop I went to is called IPiSHOP, on the 3rd floor.

The second problem is the reason why I've "hijacked" this thread. Every time I try to enter a "New Topic", IE shuts down. I can access the website; and, as you see here, I can reply to existing topics. But I cannot initiate a NEW topic. Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide. And, again, my apologies for going "off topic" with this.

I apologize for jumping into this thread with different, although related subject.

I am currently having two technical problems with my PC's. The most serious is a hardware problem with my laptop. I burned out the hard drive, due to my own stupidity. I used to log on each morning, spend from 1-3 hours working email and other things, then shut down, and reboot once or twice later in the day or evening. I began to get impatient with the time it took to reboot about a month ago, and got into the habit of leaving the laptop on just about all day - anywhere from 10-14 hours. I never thought about the heat factor, and its' affect upon the hard drive. So, I have now lost the hard drive, and, possibly all of the information on it - house and family photos, Microsoft Outlook address book, saved emails, etc.

I'd like to know if anybody out there is, or knows, a trusted "computer geek" with the program and equipment to attempt recovery of data from the burned out drive. I went to a shop in the IT center (where I learned the details described above), and was quoted 2200 baht for a new HD, and 1500 baht for a data recovery attempt. Does that sound reasonable to anyone who has done this before? The shop I went to is called IPiSHOP, on the 3rd floor.

The second problem is the reason why I've "hijacked" this thread. Every time I try to enter a "New Topic", IE shuts down. I can access the website; and, as you see here, I can reply to existing topics. But I cannot initiate a NEW topic. Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

Thanks for whatever help you can provide. And, again, my apologies for going "off topic" with this.

Pat,

Try Pattaya2u in Tuk com city same 3rd. floor. If you can talk to Kae (Kai) he is the senior tech & has brought a friends hard drive back from the grave 200 baht & the reformat came with it. If he can get the drive to work it creates a shadow of the data in shadow copy 7 he can migrate the info to another unit. Then if he can get your drive to function properly he can re copy it back to your machine.Usually the reformat is done in conjunction with the job. I bought a seagate 160 gig from them for 1700 baht or less a year ago.Ask Kae to install Norton Ghost 9 It will cost an extra (up to 200 baht) for a double sided disk to copy your entire hard drive. If your computer fails you can bring it back to the fresh install with all the data exactly the way it was-before the problem. You might lose some programs on the reformat.....so write down from your memory what you were using & he(He has a ton of programs) will reinstall your programs -along with any other programs for free , on your wish list .

If you get rid of IE & install Firefox, Your compatibility to thaivisa is so much better & 2 years on it , I have had no crashes on xp or freezeups- strange messages & only 3 virus threats compared to 20-30 in the same 2 year amount of time. Firefox offers way better security while using there browser. I tried it and am a believer, Microsoft is just to slow at addressing their security issues. It takes a couple days to get use to the minor changes- Favorites are called bookmarks.

Good luck.If you have further problems post in the internet forum where all the techies hang out!

Beardog

But I cannot initiate a NEW topic. Does anybody have any idea what could cause this?

555555 - such messages like the hijack of the thread are often in the form: " Help I'm ice bound 5,000 feet up a mountain on a small island in the middle of the South China Sea but only have access tio this forum - please send a helicopter, hot chocolate and a few warm women...."

The IE thing is probably best resolved by reinstalling the software. Can do from MS's web site.

Does anyone know of a good/trustworthy electrical shop in Pattaya?

I need to retrofit two electronic ballasts to an 8-lamp fluorescent fixture and they came with no wiring diagram. These ballasts are too expensive to risk me blowing them up :o

r u kidding its nearly impossible to get a plug to fit here