Condo Accomodations

hiromj

Well, just recieved a formal job offer from Thailand in the Pattaya area. In the offer, they are offering $30,000 Baht per month for housing. My question is, Can I get a nice place for that amount? I would be looking for a furninshed condo with a good view of the ocean. It does not have to be in Pattaya. It could be anywhere from Laem Chabang to Jomtein. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Well, just recieved a formal job offer from Thailand in the Pattaya area. In the offer, they are offering $30,000 Baht per month for housing. My question is, Can I get a nice place for that amount? I would be looking for a furninshed condo with a good view of the ocean. It does not have to be in Pattaya. It could be anywhere from Laem Chabang to Jomtein. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Is that you total allowance for accommodation AND utility bills? If so you can rent a nice place for 15,000 baht per month and use the other 15,000 baht for water, electric, telephone, satellite TV etc.

You will have no worries. Just take your time and view several properties before parting with your cash and deposit. Good luck and don't believe the guy renting you the accommodation: He WILL tell you lies. Find out everything for yourself.

Is that you total allowance for accommodation AND utility bills? If so you can rent a nice place for 15,000 baht per month and use the other 15,000 baht for water, electric, telephone, satellite TV etc.

You will have no worries. Just take your time and view several properties before parting with your cash and deposit. Good luck and don't believe the guy renting you the accommodation: He WILL tell you lies. Find out everything for yourself.

Thanks for the help. the offer just came in this morning so I am still digesting it. I didn't even think about the utilities and deposit so I added those to my list. So, you someone give me rough numbers for all utilities?

Electricity 1000 Baht-1800 Baht per month Winter-Summer

Water: 200-400 Baht per month

Landline Telephone: 500 Baht per month average (few overseas calls)

TOTAL MONTH: Approx: 2300 Baht per month.

Thank you very much for the information. I may go with a 25,000 Baht condo and reserve 5000 Baht for utilities as I will need satalite television also. So, I am assuming 25,000 Baht should get me a decent condo. True?