Stormy Weather

intrepidtraveller

Hi,

Heading down on Saturday.....for a well deserved 2 week break...I know that there is currently some sort of storm heading across Thailand from China...but hows the weather right now....are you getting any sun at all (even if its just for an hour)...my pasty English skin desperately needs some sun.

Many thanks

Hi,

Heading down on Saturday.....for a well deserved 2 week break...I know that there is currently some sort of storm heading across Thailand from China...but hows the weather right now....are you getting any sun at all (even if its just for an hour)...my pasty English skin desperately needs some sun.

Many thanks

Well it's been raining on and off all day in south of the island I'm afraid. This is the start of the rainy season.

Yeah, Raining most of the day.

Feels pretty good after all that hot weather we've been having.

I jogged my longest distance of the year this morning.

I use a kitesurfing/windsurfing site for weather as it gives an idea of wind direction rain etc.  http://www.windguru.com/int/index.php?sc=310

It looks like the weekend should be OK with light winds and a chance of rain, with the monsoon shifting to the southwest mid week. Bye bye high season weather and bye bye sand on the west facing beaches.

Edited by steelepulse

car was registering 24.5 oc today..... last week at the same time of the day ( 1pm ) it was 38 oc!!!....

but as the other posts mention, raining all day, Koh Samui isn't much better either, actually i heard the weather was worst and is set to last...

Hi,

Many thanks

"my pasty English skin desperately needs some sun."

Even through the clouds the sun ultraviolets will get to your skin. Probably good that you have a couple days of overcast before getting scorched in cloudless conditions.

Last two evenings have been clear sunsets.