Euro 2008 On Tv?

rainman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 7 and 9 are supposed to be broadcasting summaries of the previous night's game early am.

I have been trying to extract any kind of scheduling information out of the Channel-9 and Channel-7 websites, without success.

Does anybody know at what time and what channels the next-day summary is broadcast?

I caught one game this morning at 6am on Channel 7. The actual game started at 6:13 until 6:30, before that it was a solid block of commercials.

Channel 7 and 9 are supposed to be broadcasting summaries of the previous night's game early am.

I have been trying to extract any kind of scheduling information out of the Channel-9 and Channel-7 websites, without success.

Does anybody know at what time and what channels the next-day summary is broadcast?

I caught one game this morning at 6am on Channel 7. The actual game started at 6:13 until 6:30, before that it was a solid block of commercials.

If you have fast internet you can get (paid) replays of the matches with Euro 2008:

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournament/index.html#TEAM#95

LaoPo

Does anyone know where I might be able to watch repeats for the previous night games? - Is Thai TV showing it and what time?

If you can have access to fast internet you can watch replays here (they ask a small sum of money I believe; something like € 1.95)

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournament/index.html#TEAM#8

LaoPo

Does anyone know where I might be able to watch repeats for the previous night games? - Is Thai TV showing it and what time?

There are "highlights" shows in the morning, not bad. BKK post I think claimed they were on channel 7 and 9 at 6 am and 9 am?

I once caught the later one but forgot to write down the time - it was on channel 9.

Today, I managed to catch the "6am" show at channel 7. They only covered one game from about 6:13 - 6:30, only the highlights. The show started at 6am but first they showed some sort of weird content (players warming up on the field for 5 minutes?! <deleted>?), then there was a very long commercial block, then the game highlights Bulgaria-Italy.

I also kinda sorta tried to keep the TV on for the other game summary - they must have shown it somewhere, probably CH9. But I didn't find it.

I have also tried and failed to get a TV schedule for these channels.

Now that I know True 1 and 2 show them too I am going to hit my True Magazine - which also doesn't have schedules for the Thai TV, I am starting to think that they don't actually have a schedule.

Update: Euro 2008 does not exist on True Visions TV. It's not on True sports anything, at any time. Fascinating, really - this is the third-biggest sports event in the world, after the olympics and the WC. Yet True "sports" doesn't show it.

Edited by nikster

At least BBC radio have a sense of humour , ridicule or just plain cluelessness . :o

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/04/...court_jest.html

Worth reading some of the comments underneath the article, btw. :D

LOL - thanks for that, I completely missed it. Is it really true? I mean... it can't be can it? It sounds like a cruel April Fool's joke.

If you can have access to fast internet you can watch replays here (they ask a small sum of money I believe; something like € 1.95)

http://www.euro2008.uefa.com/tournament/index.html#TEAM#8

LaoPo

This is actually really cool - would do it in an instant if I had a decent internet connection. For EUR 20.- you get the entire Euro highlights plus live streaming commentary. Hmm.. I might do it. 20 EUR is way better than having to channel surf for a crap 10 minute summary with a million commercial blocks thrown in. I will try and report back. Risking EUR 1.95, watch out!

Fascinating, really - this is the third-biggest sports event in the world, after the olympics and the WC. Yet True "sports" doesn't show it.

True Sports can't show it because they don't have the rights. As you say, it's a very big sports event and as such, should be available for the masses to see on free to air TV, not the priviledged few with satellite.

I do however share the sentiments of disappointment of others that Channel 7 and 9 are unable to get their acts together with graphics and an optional English soundtrack.

I decided against those Euro downloads - too complicated for payment etc. I am on a Mac and the Windows DRM doesn't even work there, so I have to go use VMWare and then "upgrade my DRM" on Windows, then there's a signup screen leading to a website - at this point I gave up. If this is a one-click thing like iTunes, OK, but before I jump through all those hoops to see a 5 minute highlights segment I rather channel-surf all morning tomorrow until I find the proper highlights - 15 minutes long.

I don't really mind the Thai TV for showing the games - rixalex you are of course right, this should be available to everyone and not just on pay TV. I would just appreciate it if it was _also_ available on Pay TV so there would be more repeats and a schedule :o

I don't even miss the English commentary - not a compliment to the quality of the English commentators I guess :D

Ok, thanks to some Thai friends I have the schedule for today, Sunday:

12:15, 17:15, 18:00 Channel 7 are highlights, highlights, and a Euro 2008 special, respectively.

Schedule for Channel 7 and 9 is in Thai Rath and also Daily Thai every day. Things are looking up :o

does anyone know which channel is showing the France-Italy match live tonight please?? I would like to record it. Presume it will be 7 or 9 but which one and will it be live? thanks.

Its on Channel 9 at 1.45 a.m.

Another update: There's a Euro Highlights at channel 7 every day: 6 am, 11 am, 5:00 pm.

The problem? Today, they were not showing the game! Portugal-Germany, highlights started at 6 am - the city of Berne. Fans. The teams arriving. Close up of the stars. A blurry image of some person behind a blue screen - artistic! Then, finally, teams on the pitch. Walking around. Warming up. Fans. More of the same. Then - tada - the result! 3:2 and goodbye. Did not show the actual game, not even for a second.

Then I went for the videos.uefa.com link and risked EUR 1.99, jumped through the many hoops involved with getting the da_mn thing to actually work on Windows Media Player. I don't know if it's a good idea to give the customer about 10 chances of changing their mind when selling anything?! In any case, only those that really want it are going to make it to the final screen where you enter the credit card. From thereon out it worked as advertised, I was able to play the Hi-def version I had downloaded.

The video quality was very bad. At 85MB for 6 minutes, if this was DivX it would be perfect quality. But either WMV is just not a good format, or the UEFA didn't really put a lot of effort into the encoding. It looked like a YouTube video, maybe a bit bigger.

The second disappointment is the sound-track - the voiceover is extremely loud, and there is pretty much no match noise to be heard. That makes the whole thing rather less exciting. Commentary is OK - but without any match noise, football is just not the same.

It was just EUR 1,99, but still a waste.

Another update: There's a Euro Highlights at channel 7 every day: 6 am, 11 am, 5:00 pm.

The problem? Today, they were not showing the game! Portugal-Germany, highlights started at 6 am - the city of Berne. Fans. The teams arriving. Close up of the stars. A blurry image of some person behind a blue screen - artistic! Then, finally, teams on the pitch. Walking around. Warming up. Fans. More of the same. Then - tada - the result! 3:2 and goodbye. Did not show the actual game, not even for a second.

Then I went for the videos.uefa.com link and risked EUR 1.99, jumped through the many hoops involved with getting the da_mn thing to actually work on Windows Media Player. I don't know if it's a good idea to give the customer about 10 chances of changing their mind when selling anything?! In any case, only those that really want it are going to make it to the final screen where you enter the credit card. From thereon out it worked as advertised, I was able to play the Hi-def version I had downloaded.

The video quality was very bad. At 85MB for 6 minutes, if this was DivX it would be perfect quality. But either WMV is just not a good format, or the UEFA didn't really put a lot of effort into the encoding. It looked like a YouTube video, maybe a bit bigger.

The second disappointment is the sound-track - the voiceover is extremely loud, and there is pretty much no match noise to be heard. That makes the whole thing rather less exciting. Commentary is OK - but without any match noise, football is just not the same.

All that faffing about for a few minutes of bad quality highlights?! Why don't you do like the rest of us and watch it at 2am, or video it. Might be easier.

All that faffing about for a few minutes of bad quality highlights?! Why don't you do like the rest of us and watch it at 2am, or video it. Might be easier.

Good point :o