Taxi Driver Returns Bt500,000 To Japanese Businessman

george

jackspratt quoted........ " Unfortunately tud is no longer with us....."

Care to elaborate WHY tud is no longer with us.

I always enjoy threads from 'tud'

I have no idea why tud has moved on. However, you will notice that he is banned, and that some (?all, I haven't checked) of his looney threads have been pulled.

Perhaps you could start a new thread "Where is Tud?" :o

Questions and threads about moderation will get you banned, see the rules.

Back to topic... :o

Nice to see that the money was returned. While I have meet the absolute worst cab drivers in BKK, I have also meet a LOT of really decent and nice drivers.

It's just the bad experiences (as few as they are) that stick around in the mind for fast recalling when someone has a story to share.

But as someone pointed out, when there has to be a huge PR event over returned money, one gets worried...

It is customary in Japan that any money returned to its owner is minus 10% finders fee. Even the police will enforce this. So where is the cabbies reward?, nah, he's only Thai.....works both ways. You always bag Thai people, and yet when the rules favor us, we are more than willing to not apply them.... makes you wonder!

There was story in The Daily News today about a security guard who found a wallet on the street and handed it in. It had 30,000 baht cash and some credit cards. They traced the owner to a hotel in Hua Hin,( if I remember correctly), the wallet belonged to a Canadian on a business trip who had gone for a break in Hua Hin, he reckoned the wallet fell out of his pocket whilst riding a motorbike.

He expressed gratitude and relief and gave the security guard 3,000 baht as a reward.

30,000 baht is 4 or 5 months salary for a security guard.

There was story in The Daily News today about a security guard who found a wallet on the street and handed it in. It had 30,000 baht cash and some credit cards. They traced the owner to a hotel in Hua Hin,( if I remember correctly), the wallet belonged to a Canadian on a business trip who had gone for a break in Hua Hin, he reckoned the wallet fell out of his pocket whilst riding a motorbike.

He expressed gratitude and relief and gave the security guard 3,000 baht as a reward.

japan - check

canada - check

okay, which other nationalities were murdered or raped in thailand recenty? :D

lets get some more feel-good stories out on the newswires hoping they will be picked-up by media in those countries..... :D

:o

japan - check

canada - check

lets get some more feel-good stories out on the newswires hoping they will be picked-up by media in those countries..... :D

I'm not sure many Canadians or Japanese read Thai newspapers.

[\quote]

japan - check

canada - check

Thats what the world needs more of really, antagonistic, bitter people, it helps us all so much more to come to an understanding!! Good to see you doing your part!!

japan - check

canada - check

:D

I'm not sure many Canadians or Japanese read Thai newspapers.

Not as many as when these fabricated and planted stories make it around the world and reach the Weird News section of your hometown's local paper, the very reason why they were created in the first place. Thailand's answer to fighting crime doesn't lie within the police force but with it's imaginary heroes. :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

Not as many as when these fabricated and planted stories make it around the world and reach the Weird News section of your hometown's local paper, the very reason why they were created in the first place. Thailand's answer to fighting crime doesn't lie within the police force but with it's imaginary heroes. :o

So does this mean the starting point, when reading any story in a Thai newspaper, is that it is/maybe "fabricated and planted"?

Are we to apply the same standard when reading what a villain and crook Thaksin is?