Oa Retirement Visa Renewal Question

1. You apply for multi entry OA visa at home before you travel. The date of issue is vital to future planning so should be near your departure time for maximum use.

2. Any travel with return during the validity of your visa will result in a new one year permitted to stay stamp when you enter Thailand. For this travel you do not obtain re-entry permits.

3. For travel where return is after validity of the original visa you must obtain a re-entry permit - that will keep your current permitted to stay until date and you will receive the same date when you return.

4. A couple of weeks before you reach your final permitted to stay until date (after original visa has expired) you visit immigration with photo/financial proof and obtain a new one year extension of that date for 1,900 baht using form TM.7. (If using monthly income method you swear a paper at US Embassy and use that for financial proof).

5. You apply for extension of stay during the last 30 days of your permitted to stay and it will be for one year from that permitted to stay date.

6. You must be here to extend each year. If you need to be absent you must do before you leave by showing proof of travel and asking - if not approved you will have to start over when you return. It is not hard to change status - even from a 30 day visa exempt entry - so nothing to worry about.

7. As for what the Consulate requires (notarization) only they can answer you.

8. If visa issued July 20, 2008 it will be valid until July 19, 2009. Any entry/return before July 19th, 2009 will allow you to obtain a one year permitted to stay stamp. Any return after July 19th, 2009 will need a re-entry permit issued before you departed Thailand. If you return from a trip on July 2, 2009 you will be stamped with a permitted to stay until July 1, 2010. During June 2010 you will make application for one year extension of stay at an Immigration office inside Thailand. That will result in a new one year stay from July 1, 2010 to 2011.

1. Any immigration office can provide a re-entry permit - you can also get at airport after check-in but be sure have photo and allow extra time - better to get it early.

2. Pension is Embassy function - if US you declare under oath on a form your income/pension and paperwork is not provided to Embassy but held in case Immigration wants to see paperwork (unlikely). Anything recent should be fine.

3. Extensions of stay are for one year using TM.7 form and 4x6cm photo, copy of passport and arrival card. There is no medical or police check required.

4. It is not an OA visa or multi. It is a one year extension of stay for retirement. Any travel will require re-entry permit.

question: i shall apply for an O-A retirement visa from hawaii, and will mail my application to washington,d.c. i have required to submit: my passport, three copies of the following: visa application for with photo; personal data form; police record; doctor's certificate; updated copy of my retirement pension. all of this infomation must be collected within the 90 day period. is this correct and i will need to have all three copies of everying, except my passport notarized?

i am not sure all three copies of everything need to be notarized, it could be expensive.

Probably best to ask the embassy/consulate if they all need to be notarized. Different places have different rules. I know that my bank will notarize things for me for free. You might want to check with your bank.

Wow! Which bank is that?

1. Any immigration office can provide a re-entry permit - you can also get at airport after check-in but be sure have photo and allow extra time - better to get it early.

2. Pension is Embassy function - if US you declare under oath on a form your income/pension and paperwork is not provided to Embassy but held in case Immigration wants to see paperwork (unlikely). Anything recent should be fine.

3. Extensions of stay are for one year using TM.7 form and 4x6cm photo, copy of passport and arrival card. There is no medical or police check required.

4. It is not an OA visa or multi. It is a one year extension of stay for retirement. Any travel will require re-entry permit.

question: i shall apply for an O-A retirement visa from hawaii, and will mail my application to washington,d.c. i have required to submit: my passport, three copies of the following: visa application for with photo; personal data form; police record; doctor's certificate; updated copy of my retirement pension. all of this infomation must be collected within the 90 day period. is this correct and i will need to have all three copies of everying, except my passport notarized?

i am not sure all three copies of everything need to be notarized, it could be expensive.

Probably best to ask the embassy/consulate if they all need to be notarized. Different places have different rules. I know that my bank will notarize things for me for free. You might want to check with your bank.

Wow! Which bank is that?

i believe you need the original police record and three copies notarized, and the same applies to the doctor's certificate. i shall have the original retirement pension notarized also just in case. i shall be applying for the OA retirement visa torwards the end of the month have my police records within the 90 day reporting time. i shall also include a copy of my e-ticket, just in case. last year, i had gotten a tourist visa, and they wanted a copy of my airline ticket before they approved the visa. the ups store on kauai charges about $5. per page.