Chiang Mai Zoo

RICHFROMOZ

Hey its only 100baht to enter, but save your money. Poor exhibits, hardly any signs in English. Poor, old and tired animals. Bought a bottle of water from a store inside the Zoo. The store worker had a little monkey in a cage. Poor things was so thirsty it drank our whole bottle of water (none in the cage, no surprise). When I told the lady "monkey hue narm, narm may me", she just laughed, bloody typical.

Hey its only 100baht to enter, but save your money. Poor exhibits, hardly any signs in English. Poor, old and tired animals. Bought a bottle of water from a store inside the Zoo. The store worker had a little monkey in a cage. Poor things was so thirsty it drank our whole bottle of water (none in the cage, no surprise). When I told the lady "monkey hue narm, narm may me", she just laughed, bloody typical.

we have heard numerous criticisms from farangs (we) about how poorly managed the zoos are. how badly the animals are treated etc etc. why not for once farangs (we) do something instead of just bloating out opinions and maybe provide ideas on how things can be improved? i frankly do not have time to do it and hence i do not complain!. i do however enjoy watching whatever they have here, especially the pandas and the koala bears.

the more you tell people not to go to these zoos, the more the animals would suffer due to the zoo being deprived of money in maintaining such a park. think!

perhaps you could write to some organisations who are in fact responsible?

we have heard numerous criticisms from farangs (we) about how poorly managed the zoos are. how badly the animals are treated etc etc. why not for once farangs (we) do something instead of just bloating out opinions and maybe provide ideas on how things can be improved? i frankly do not have time to do it and hence i do not complain!. i do however enjoy watching whatever they have here, especially the pandas and the koala bears.

the more you tell people not to go to these zoos, the more the animals would suffer due to the zoo being deprived of money in maintaining such a park. think!

perhaps you could write to some organisations who are in fact responsible?

I agree with part of what you have to say, creating awareness is a very good idea, but I dont think the animals could suffer any more could they. Perhaps the Chinese Govt could tell the Thais, look after all the animals you have got, or you lose the Pandas.