New Department Of Employment Regulations

where's article 7

3) Foreigners working for an employer having Thai employees: one person may be permitted for every four Thai employees, the maximum being three persons.

---Article 7.  The criterion under paragraph one shall be reduced by one half in the case where the permit applicant alien has a Thai spouse in a lawfully registered marriage and in open cohabitation.

... Article 8. Considering permitting otherwise than the cases or criteria herein prescribed shall be the power of the Director-General.

And does this affect Amity or BOI companies?
Amity companies... yes and BOI companies...no

www,sunbeltasia.com

Thanks Sunbelt,

and it appears those of us who married a Thai in a country other than Thailand, now have incentive to register the marriage in Thailand with regards to preceding cited legislation.

:o

where's article 7

3) Foreigners working for an employer having Thai employees: one person may be permitted for every four Thai employees, the maximum being three persons.

---Article 7.  The criterion under paragraph one shall be reduced by one half in the case where the permit applicant alien has a Thai spouse in a lawfully registered marriage and in open cohabitation.

... Article 8. Considering permitting otherwise than the cases or criteria herein prescribed shall be the power of the Director-General.

And does this affect Amity or BOI companies?
Amity companies... yes and BOI companies...no

www,sunbeltasia.com

Thanks Sunbelt,

and it appears those of us who married a Thai in a country other than Thailand, now have incentive to register the marriage in Thailand with regards to preceding cited legislation.

Whatever difference would that marriage ' registration ' make ?

Thanks Sunbelt,

For the work permit, to establish the fact you are married, you just need to show the marriage certificate( translated if not in English or Thai), spouse’s identity card, birth certificates of children, household registration, as well as photocopy of every page of the applicant’s passport.

To get the extension of stay based on business though, you need 2 million baht paid up capital with 1 million working capital. You also need to be paid the minimum salary for your nationality and the corporation must have 4 Thais per work permit.

To get the extension of stay based on marriage. You are correct, you would have an advantage as you don't need 4 Thais per WP, 2 million paid up, or minimum salary for your nationality. Just need to either be getting 40K on your job, have 400,000 in the bank or combination of both. With only the 1 million Baht paid up registered company needed to get the work permit and lower requirements for this extension, than it would be easier to go this route.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Hi

Well.. im married and i've just set up a Ltd with 2mil registered/not paid up capital.

I have about 80k/month in salary from overseas.

It is my understanding that i have 1 year to pay up the 1 mil needed to apply

for a WP based on business.

Can i bring in my salary and add to the paid up capital on a monthly basis to

make sure i meet the requirement in one year? Then use the money every month

to pay myself 500k and my wife 500. This way ensuring as little tax as possible.

What do i show on my applicationform for my O-visa?

The income from my overseas employer, or from the company i just registered?

/NoBuzz

Thanks Sunbelt,

:D

Whatever difference would that marriage ' registration ' make ?

See your point, no need to register the marriage, just bring in your marriage certification from your native land.

P.S.: sure u ain't a shyster, doc?