Hacked

princealbert

When you say 'from a site you know' I doubt that it actually came from them.

You almost certainly now have a trojan or virus or other malware installed. Hopefully you have nothing private or important on that comp. Never ever open executable attachments and be very leary of ANY attachment.

Run antivirus, anti spambots, anti malware.. Run multiple different ones if its not discovered.

Your machine is probably now sending out those emails to other machines now.

When you say 'from a site you know' I doubt that it actually came from them.

You almost certainly now have a trojan or virus or other malware installed. Hopefully you have nothing private or important on that comp. Never ever open executable attachments and be very leary of ANY attachment.

Run antivirus, anti spambots, anti malware.. Run multiple different ones if its not discovered.

Your machine is probably now sending out those emails to other machines now.

Thanks LivinLOS dont keep any banking details but does have a little of my uk business details on.

Started running antivirus the moment it happened the e-mail vanished from my inbox as i opened it but i have opened many from this site "firstnationalthailand.com" an estate agent in Chiang Mai without ever having this problem before.

My anti virus only came up with 2 warnings but no virus.

Edited by princealbert

Set your email to be opened as TEXT only - not HTML formated emails.

Even email that appears to be sent by people you know/trust - treat all attachments with care - scan before opening. Delete if in doubt.

It's probable that the link that opened or popup that appeared from within your email was to the estate agent's web site that might have been 'hacked' by the person/group using "HACKED by [email protected]" as their mark (tag) to show that they have broken the web site's security.

Run those checks as mentioned above - however with the best security in place the weakest link in computer security is generally the user clicking where they should not be clicking.