Extension Non-immigrant'o' Marriage Based

Hi,

I am a 41 year old Belgian living in Thailand since august last year on a multiple entry non-immgrant "O" visa.

For my work I leave the country every 6 weeks for a period of 6 weeks during this 6 weeks I work on a ship and can't go to a Thai embassy to apply for a new visa.

In august my visa will expire so I went to the Pattaya immigration office to ask for some info regarding my extension with re-entry permit.

But to my amazement the immigration officers told me I could not extend my visa because I leave the country regularly so I am not regarded as living in Thailand and must get my visa from an embassy abroad.

I don't understand if you can't leave the country to be able to get an extension to your visa what is the use of the re-entry permit which you have to pay 3900 baht for?

Is anyone here in a compairable situation and how are you solving this?

The re-entry permit only keeps your current permitted to stay stamp alive. It is used when you are on an extension of stay - not a multi entry visa. So the best you can do is on the July/August last entry on your visa, which will give you a October/November permitted to stay until date, you could obtain a single re-entry permit to keep that date alive and make another visit. But that is the best re-entry permit will do for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Danboksida1, in another thread you wrote:

...I have bought a house in Thailand and have been married for 8 years with a Thai wife and have a daughter of 4 who also has a Thai passport...

As you have been informed in that thread you should be able to get an annual extension of stay on this basis but your problem is that you never stay in Thailand long enough to make your application during the last four weeks of your 90-day permission to stay, as immigration requires. Another thing is that when you apply for the extension you first get only a 30-day extension while your application is being evaluated and you have to go back to immigration after these 30 days for your annual extension. Another complication is that once you have the annual extension you must apply for a new extension every year during the last four weeks before it expires. You should see if you can manage this with your last entry before the visa expires.

What do the dates look like?

– “must be utilized before” date on your multiple-entry non-O visa (expiration date of visa)

– last planned arrival in Thailand before the expiration of your visa

You might be able to get an extension at the end of your current visa but perhaps you will not be in Thailand during the required period for your application for extension next year.

Generally speaking, for a man in your situation and with your travel schedule the multiple-entry non-O visa is really the ideal thing. Is it difficult to get this visa in Qatar?

--

Maestro