Trash Pick Up

chorizo

Hi,

I live in Saraphi, T.Nong Fak, Kuadang. About 6 km from superhighway. The community is all thais,( except for me for several km)They burn all their trash and there is no trash pick-up here.

Does anyone know of a place i can take my trash to dump off(legally) paying them of course.

We have asked some collectors that do the housing tracts but none are near enough for them to come to us. And they did not seem to want to tell us where to take ours.

It is no wonder they have the smog problem as they have no choice.

I do not (and will not) start burning.

Thanks for any help

Chorizo

Hi,

I live in Saraphi, T.Nong Fak, Kuadang. About 6 km from superhighway. The community is all thais,( except for me for several km)They burn all their trash and there is no trash pick-up here.

Does anyone know of a place i can take my trash to dump off(legally) paying them of course.

We have asked some collectors that do the housing tracts but none are near enough for them to come to us. And they did not seem to want to tell us where to take ours.

It is no wonder they have the smog problem as they have no choice.

I do not (and will not) start burning.

Thanks for any help

Chorizo

There is a fairly standard incinerator used in all the outlying areas. You shoudl be able to get teh plans from the local district office. Basically it consists of concrete pipe 'rings' lined with red clay bricks with a couple of steel racks to keep the junk above teh draft. I built mine for around 5,000 Baht including materials and labour and it burns everything to a fine dust like ash which goes back into the garden. Bottles glass or plastic get bought up by the local 'rag & bone' man. The local Village Headman will also have the manpower to do it all for you if you wish.

Cheers

AjarnP

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I actually meant to pose this in the Chiang MAI section..sorry.

We have asked the Pu Yai Baan(sp) and about everyone in the area. With no luck. My wife spent a day going around asking different co. i even sid i would bring it to them and pay whatever but no one wants it.And i have not seen any incinerators at all. I may loook into building one if i have to..

I do separate the bottles and cans. And now also the paper. I have burned the past few weeks until i find an anwer. Hard to burn the food scraps. I am looking into A compost pile but you can't put everything into that either.

I appreciate your relies, is ther a way i can transfer these posts overe to Chiangmai forum?

Thanks... Chorizo

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I actually meant to pose this in the Chiang MAI section..sorry.

We have asked the Pu Yai Baan(sp) and about everyone in the area. With no luck. My wife spent a day going around asking different co. i even sid i would bring it to them and pay whatever but no one wants it.And i have not seen any incinerators at all. I may loook into building one if i have to..

I do separate the bottles and cans. And now also the paper. I have burned the past few weeks until i find an anwer. Hard to burn the food scraps. I am looking into A compost pile but you can't put everything into that either.

I appreciate your relies, is ther a way i can transfer these posts overe to Chiangmai forum?

Thanks... Chorizo

Am I reading this correctly ??

Did you not write in your OP "I do not (and will not) start burning" :o

[Yeah , i did have to break the promise to myself not to burn...only one time in past two weeks. I just did not know what else to do. It had to go somewhere. The trash pickups for the Moo Baans dump it somewhere, just still trying to find the place to take it to. I am looking into the compost thing and the local guy takes the bottles, not sure about the cans(tuna, bean etc type) .

The incinerator may happen too. Still would like a legal dump and willing to transport it to there.

Thanks, Chorizo

Am I reading this correctly ??

Did you not write in your OP "I do not (and will not) start burning" :o