Yesss! Mapjack Now Covers Pattaya!

Jefferson

www.mapjack.com..

I'll leave the comments for everyone else...

Assignment: Find the most exciting locations and post a link.

Unless I'm missing something, this is just Google Earth (even has "powered by Google" on the map section), just a different name for the website (MapJack).

Waited waay to long for it to load, only to get messages that it couldn't zoom in as close as I wanted. Zoomed out a couple of times (good thing there was a movie to watch while I waited for the page to reload) and it would show me the same view that Google Earth does.

Ahhh never mind. 20 minutes and I still can't get a decent picture of South Pattaya, let alone try any features. Maybe someone else (with a better connection) will have more lock.

Unless I'm missing something, this is just Google Earth (even has "powered by Google" on the map section), just a different name for the website (MapJack)

Whaaat..?! :o Does Google earth do ground level 3D walk-trhoughs of Pattaya?? Yes, I'd say you're missing something!!! :D

Waited waay to long for it to load, only to get messages that it couldn't zoom in as close as I wanted. Zoomed out a couple of times (good thing there was a movie to watch while I waited for the page to reload) and it would show me the same view that Google Earth does.

LOL, Ok, get internet that doesn't suck. :D

It really is quite incredible. I'll post some screen shots.

post-59079-1209694202_thumb.jpg post-59079-1209694211_thumb.jpg

So, this is not just a few still images, this is a 3D WALKTHROUGH!! You can zoom and pan in all directions..

( And some of you may be more than a little worried to feature in the shots....!! )

Edited by Jefferson

LOL, Ok, get internet that doesn't suck. :o

That would make (a part of) my life sooo much better. My connection seems have seriously gone down hill compared to what it was like in December.

It really is quite incredible. I'll post some screen shots.

post-59079-1209694202_thumb.jpg post-59079-1209694211_thumb.jpg

So, this is not just a few still images, this is a 3D WALKTHROUGH!! You can zoom and pan in all directions..

( And some of you may be more than a little worried to feature in the shots....!! )

Looks good. Good thing it won't show you the interiors of various "venues" though ! (Not that I'd be seen in places like that !) :D

Mapjack is great and highly interactive although there are some potential downsides such as Terrorist groups who have never been to a target location may use these street view systems for training and planning where to place bombs.

On the upside though numerous sex venues might losing business and the industry slowing down due to the fear now of many punters, they can be clearly seen like the farang drooling outside the gay bars and are punished by Google Earth.

Down on the beach there are groups of people that locals have commented as being pedophiles and pederasts exposed by Mapjack. Some say that Video games on the streets of Pattaya are being planned where you can hunt demons online!

Other punters however state that they are not afraid of google and that the maps help them plan their sexual forays.

Surely Special Branch of the Thai National Police checked the work permits of those filming Thailand for public Internet, or is it Thais behind this? Anyone know?

Mapjack is great and highly interactive although there are some potential downsides such as Terrorist groups who have never been to a target location may use these street view systems for training and planning where to place bombs.

On the upside though numerous sex venues might losing business and the industry slowing down due to the fear now of many punters, they can be clearly seen like the farang drooling outside the gay bars and are punished by Google Earth.

Down on the beach there are groups of people that locals have commented as being pedophiles and pederasts exposed by Mapjack. Some say that Video games on the streets of Pattaya are being planned where you can hunt demons online!

Other punters however state that they are not afraid of google and that the maps help them plan their sexual forays.

Surely Special Branch of the Thai National Police checked the work permits of those filming Thailand for public Internet, or is it Thais behind this? Anyone know?

Aren't you really WalkingEagle? But keep taking the tablets anyway.

You must live a great life in your (paranoia) closet. Have tried turning the light on ?

:o

LOL, yes, because just strolling around Pattaya is just too much hassle for a terrorist. :o

Anyway.. serious comments anyone?

Well I got as far as Liberty Mansion, but then couldn't go up the street to my own house. The blue dots stayed on Soi 17 / Soi 10 (Thepprasit). So Caddy Shack / Eden OK.

Fast enough for my purposes - but how do I see Ca Mau in South Vietnam?

Anyway.. serious comments anyone?

Well, I am on a (much) better internet connection now (in Afghanistan, what does that say about ToT ?).

I've found it to be a pretty good program, and have even used it to show the location of a place I've recommended (in another thread). Haven't played with too many of the features yet, but it is nice to take a bit of a stroll around a bit of the neighbourhood. Being the pics were taken in broad daylight, I'm not likely to see too many of my friends (or other board members) in any of them ! :o

Is this all we are going to see of Pattaya though, or will it (the content) be expanded in the future ? I see Chiang Mai is now on the list of available cities as well.

Hey look ! Is that britmaveric sitting in Jenny's, waiting for his first customer of the day ? :D

med_gallery_16137_403_29174.jpg

hmmm, appears a bit skinny to be brit. Kurgen maybe ? :D