Ermmmmmmm Unbelievable

Im in the Uk the wifes in Bangkok we have just bought another condo but I have to sign a letter of confirmation stating its "not my money".Hilarious in itself and yes I know the rules.

Ridiculously it can only be done at the Thai Embassy in London, mut be great if you live in the Shetlands I live in Birminham so its a 130+ odd mile trip each way and into the London Congestion charging zone to do this.

Bloody ridiculous and they only open for 3 hours as well.

So that will be about £40 in fuel, £10 congestion charge, £10 parking if lucky and £10 to sign the paper.

Jeee they are so helpful at the embassy the semi fluent girl who answered the phone said just bring your passport?????????? realy I said how about the paperwork and my marriage certificate Im sure she hasnt a clue but she will put me through to someone who knows, line goes dead 3 times no one there GREAT Reckon they all need a god kick up the arse!!

Unhelpful to say the least are they all like this then??

You seem to have conviently forgotten what you wrote in your first post. It is quoted above for your reference.

Line 1: In the last sentence on this line you allude to the hilarity of the situation, but I think you mean the absurdity of the situation, that it is illogical, makes no sense, but these are rules, bureacracy at work & indicate that you are aware of these rules.

Line 2: You state that it is ridiculous, a bit of sarcasm about the poor people living in the Shetlands coupled with a brief description of the effort required by yourself. This poorly constructed sentence leaves us with the impression that a certain sense of bitterness is felt by yourself, but taken in isolation can probably be ignored.

Line 4: Your frustration finally breaks through & immediately brings into focus the sentiment expressed in Line 2 & now the only valid interpretation that the reader can come to is that the you have started to whine.

Line 5: If there is any doubt that you are whining, it has been well & truly dispelled. Interestingly you try to generate sympathy by listing your projected costs, but it only serves to highlight the trivialness of these costs in relation to the cost of buying a condo.

Line 6 & 7: Sarcasm, insult, degradation of character all rear their ugly head here, all conviently justified by the loss of telephone contact. Of course this sentence would not be complete without the summary dispensing of 'justice' by way of a swift kick up the arse, if not in actual reality, but rather in sentiment. Not just the poor lass on the phone but the whole bloody lot of them.

Line 8: Finally, you pose a question. Is this a rhetorical question we have to ask ourselves, requiring no answer, just expressions of sympathy? Or if an answer is required is there only one that will be acceptable to you?

I obviousely chose the one you did not care to hear.

In retrosect I should have answered in one word - Hull.

Blimey you love analysing!

Yes its absurd, Im not bitter about it it hasnt ruined my day its just crazy and time wasting but maybe you have more time than me, sorry my English is not so good, whine is a bit much, yes its ridiculous or is that absurd I have to travel such a long and in my opinion unecessary way. I called at least 4 times I lost count I got the same woman each time, each time before I could even begin to explain she said she would put me on to another department ,each time she did this there was no reply after a minute or so it would revert back to a series of menus and then I spoke with her again and on it went before I could explain what i wanted she would put me through that was in between the times it said "operator busy"

Im sorry to have wasted so much of your time Ill keep my question s off here and leave you to analyse every response.

yes Birmingham is a consulate sorry again but why do they not know? yes this is a question not rhetorical.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you have never been to a Thai govt. office. My wife of 10 years bought a condo in her name with my money when I was out of country, only needed, my signed passport. She sold it later and her and her Thai boyfriend pocketed the money, but don't worry, this will never happen to you with the 2 she will have in her name, plus going for 50% of the rest. :D

You need to see yourself from others perspectives and we are not seeing a person deserving sympathy. Oh,for those interested that was all my now ex got ,700k, as the rest was wrapped up cleverly overseas where she couldn't get at it.

Oh, I was told she had to buy it, later of course found out the truth, derrr. If you have any electrical activity upstairs, follow the law and tansfer money in, and put everything in your name. Forget about saving a few bucks swiping cash abd saving in tax back home, as you are exposing yourself to your wife. But maybe she is too stupid to realise that? :o

For the convenience of readers I am merging this topic “Ridiculous Thai Embassies In Th Uk, all the same ?” with the earlier topic “Ermmmmmmm Unbelievable, I think??” on the same subject started by the same member.

--

Maestro

Im sorry to have wasted so much of your time Ill keep my question s off here and leave you to analyse every response.

Yes this is a question not rhetorical.

Blimey you love analysing! :D

Correct - analysis is very important,it allows you to get things into perspective & leads to valid conclusions.

Please, no need to apologise, if I considered it to be a waste of my time, I certainly would have stopped replying.

There is absolutely no need to stop posting on my account. Rational, well thought questions & comments are always welcome. :o

I am glad that you have found the answer & we can now all move on (to Hull?).

One last suggestion, on the way home from Hull go via Skegness & spend a short time on the beach just to remind yourself why you are not buying a condo there. :D

Yes this is a question not rhetorical.

Blimey you love analysing! :D

Correct - analysis is very important,it allows you to get things into perspective & leads to valid conclusions.

Please, no need to apologise, if I considered it to be a waste of my time, I certainly would have stopped replying.

There is absolutely no need to stop posting on my account. Rational, well thought questions & comments are always welcome. :o

I am glad that you have found the answer & we can now all move on (to Hull?).

One last suggestion, on the way home from Hull go via Skegness & spend a short time on the beach just to remind yourself why you are not buying a condo there. :D

C'mon youv'e slipped up I said it can be done "by post" (still think it should be done by e mail myself) so i wont have to travel in person to Hull but just maybe if some poor other sod is told the same crap by Birnmingham Thai CONSULATE and The Thai Embassy in London they wont have to waste their time no matter how "trivial" it may seem to some poor sod in Chad.

Seems like you have never been to a Thai govt. office. My wife of 10 years bought a condo in her name with my money when I was out of country, only needed, my signed passport. She sold it later and her and her Thai boyfriend pocketed the money, but don't worry, this will never happen to you with the 2 she will have in her name, plus going for 50% of the rest. :D

You need to see yourself from others perspectives and we are not seeing a person deserving sympathy. Oh,for those interested that was all my now ex got ,700k, as the rest was wrapped up cleverly overseas where she couldn't get at it.

Oh, I was told she had to buy it, later of course found out the truth, derrr. If you have any electrical activity upstairs, follow the law and tansfer money in, and put everything in your name. Forget about saving a few bucks swiping cash abd saving in tax back home, as you are exposing yourself to your wife. But maybe she is too stupid to realise that? :o

Ive been to many Govt offices in Thailand I expect to wait for hours I expect there to be no hi tech solutions in Thailand but in the Uk I would expect better.

You got a bad wife happens everywhere and they can "milk" you most places too not just Thailand.

I didn't ask for sympathy its just a crap system and a waste of time no need to send me an emergency supply of tissues.

Im not interested in transferring money in' the banks screw me I trust my wife I dont mind it in her name, yes two are solely in my name bought before w e married with the money brought in via bank transfer, saving a few bucks means I can buy more things "look after the pennies" etc

No my wife isnt stupid.

You need to see yourself from others perspectives and we are not seeing a person deserving sympathy.

In a nutshell.

Lardy: "C'mon youv'e slipped up I said it can be done "by post" (still think it should be done by e mail myself) so i wont have to travel in person to Hull...."

Good pickup, my apologies.

Suggest you cut out the Hull leg of the trip & overnight in Cleethorpes instead.

You need to see yourself from others perspectives and we are not seeing a person deserving sympathy.

In a nutshell.

Lardy: "C'mon youv'e slipped up I said it can be done "by post" (still think it should be done by e mail myself) so i wont have to travel in person to Hull...."

Suggest you cut out the Hull leg of the trip & overnight in Cleethorpes instead.

gufffawwwwwwwww anyway incredibly enough I sent Hull the letter Thursday and it arrived back Saturday morning. So when the Thai embassy says they are the only place and likwise the Birmingham embassy they are talking out of their respective backsides. Well done Hull!!

In a nutshell.

gufffawwwwwwwww anyway incredibly enough I sent Hull the letter Thursday and it arrived back Saturday morning. So when the Thai embassy says they are the only place and likwise the Birmingham embassy they are talking out of their respective backsides. Well done Hull!!

oooooops Birmingham Consulate!! :o