Money Shown At Poipet?

Well,

I hope this little email helps to take away some of the fears that alot of personel on this website put out that seems to be mostly negative...

I just returned to my home in Burirum about 10 minutes ago after a visa run to Poipet...The visa run was the same as other visa runs I have made sine being here four (4) years...

DID NOT HAVE TO SHOW ANY MONEY! Had no suprises AT ALL! The only complaint was how slow immigrations take care of people between Thailand and Cambodia....

Yes I dressed nicely (As Always on runs) nice shirt and casual slacks with casual shoes, clean shaven and respectable to all.

The only question I was asked by both the Thai Immigration and the Cambodian Immigration was Where did you get that shirt ? Is is very nice...

So dont be scared by this forum, dress appropriatley and be respectable and you will have no problems....

However I did observe a back packer with long hair,beard short pants and a Hard Rock cafe T-shirt being asked what was his purpose to be in Thailand and for how long...In addition to Do you have money to travel in Thailand?

However I never saw or heard for him to show any...

This was as of 12:00 today 15 Oct 2004...

KHUNDAN SENDS

Thanks for the update, Dan. When the rains are well and truly over I was thinking of taking the bike over and riding to Angkhor Wat. Don't like the idea of carrying too much cash around with me just to show some imm. official at the border.

As of the 12th Oct. Mae Sot is still the same. No need to show money and no notices up anywhere.

Backpackers, frontpackers, sidepackers, toppackers, bottompackers...you need to pack before u come to Thailand...anyway, all will be packed and be kicked out of Thailand at the end of the day one way or the other.

It's of no concern of whatever packers...money still being spent in Thailand...just a difference of amount being spent that's all.

Enjoy yourself while Thailand is still Thailand.

When Thailand became where u came from...it's time to move on anyway.

Regards,

Tommy