Martial Arts

markydd

Try Muay Thai first, its more effective on the street

My Dad watched a TV program while he was in Thailand with the US Air Force during the vietnam war, It was the best Muay Thai Fighters at that time against the best Kung <deleted> Fighters in the World. My Dad thought the Muay Thai guys would be beaten He was wrong, The Muay Thai guys beat all the Kung <deleted> Guys.

i believe bruce lee was one of the more famous martial artists to incorporate boxing into a martial art.many others also blend different aspects of them thats why there are so many styles of martial art.the only flashy kung <deleted> i,ve ever seen is at the movies.back to your question is american/european boxing a martial art. in the east i would say no in the west no

i believe bruce lee was one of the more famous martial artists to incorporate boxing into a martial art.many others also blend different aspects of them thats why there are so many styles of martial art.the only flashy kung <deleted> i,ve ever seen is at the movies.back to your question is american/european boxing a martial art. in the east i would say no in the west no

Bruce Lee took it in directions that have not been duplicated, Not even his Son Brandon could do the Same. I hope their Resting in Peace now.

grave3.jpg

Muay Thai and western boxing are probably so effective on the street because they train you to take punishment in a very real situation.

A lot of martial artists (kung <deleted> etc) have never been in a fight. It's ok practising the moves but a different story when it goes 'live' away from the gym.

Muay Thai is an effective martial art.

Jiu Jitsu is also very effective for one on one combat.

Not sure about Kung <deleted> being too effective or not. Bruce Lee was a lifelong Kung <deleted> student but later altered it because he thought it wasnt too practical so.......form your own opinion.

Yes, western boxing also belongs into the group of martial arts so does any form or style of fighting. It is surely wrong to link this expression to Asian style systems only because it simply translates the "art to fight".

Any fighting system is as effective as the user is. How did Bruce Lee himself ones said "it is not a matter of the system but rather just a matter of the fighter" and so it sometimes happens that a streetfighting hooligan beats the <deleted> out of a blackbelt.

In his young years Bruce Lee thought Kung <deleted> was superior to western boxing but upon he was taught a lesson by a western boxer he started to establish his own style Jeet Kune Do incorporating the most effective elements from wing tsun, muay thai and also western boxing. Only knowing how to fight in long distance, short distance and on the ground let's one have the right answer for any situation.

Too much myth brought into the subject by all those movies featuring those unbeatable high kicking heros. High kicks in a serious street fight are surely not recommendable because your clothing limits your flexibility and by kicking high your standing is weak and even worse you display your most vulnerable body part. Usually, a simple kick in the soft parts calms effectively. Although Bruce Lee featured plenty of high kicks in his movies he did not use them in a real life fight but rather limited it to not kicking any higher than the waistline of the opponent.

A no rule cage fight gives a good idea of reality. No beauty in the techniques but rather crasp him, bring him down to the ground and THEN punch the lights out while holding him down. Although never been there myself I can imagine that the Bangkok Fighting Club is the best address for true-to-life fighting practise in BKK.

No bias to any system because eventually just the heart and not the technique makes the real fighter.

True words.

I have trained in a few Martial arts ( Muay Thai, TKD. Freestyle, Judo , Aikido) from the age of 11 to 31 ( 39 last week , so prefer to fight on PS2 these days)

It's never underestimating the opponent that stays with me these days , along with checking out all possible exit routes!

:o