Visas

Hello everyone. I need a little advice. I am due to go travelling to Thailand in October 2003 and am looking forward to it to say the least! This is my first time travelling and feel slightly overwhelmed, particularly with regards to visa requirements. I am from the UK and am looking to go to Thailand for around 6 weeks, however I am hoping to leave during that time to explore Cambodia and Laos. Will I need a special visa as I am going for over 30 days and am hoping to leave and then re-enter Thailand. Any help and advice would be very much appreciated! Cheers.

As always, anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. As you are from the UK, you can come to Thailand for 30 days visa free. leave the country and then come back for another 30 days. You need a visa for Laos and for Cambodia I'm not sure. So you could just come to Thailand, spend a couple weeks here, then apply for your visa for Laos or Cambodia if it is needed. Leave for one of the two countries before your 30th day in Thailand and then you can come back into Thailand for another 30 days when you're done there.

You should obtain at least a single entry tourist visa for Thailand as 30 day entry requires an onward ticket within the time period and airline may refuse to board you if you do not have a visa in your passport.  I would ask for a two entry tourist visa and if not issued just take the one and plan my last entry into Thailand (30 day entry stamp) to be within 30 days of my flight home.