Seven Years With A Thai Girl Livein

Larryst

its not thai girls are bad per se.

its that the only ones willing to marry farangs eazily r the ones with no money. what on gods earth do you think they r going after in many cases.

i say go for the middle class ones from good families. of course these dont go for heavyset farangs with little hair,etc. 30 to 40 years older than they are.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its that the only ones willing to marry farangs eazily r the ones with no money. what on gods earth do you think they r going after in many cases.

i say go for the middle class ones from good families. of course these dont go for heavyset farangs with little hair,etc. 30 to 40 years older than they are.

*sigh* - another wrinkly basher.

I agree with this

why dont guys rent for a while?

nothing against renting in the scripture that i can see...........lol.

the important thing is the girl wants to love and cherish the man, not have a house in her name................lol.

why dont guys rent for a while?

nothing against renting in the scripture that i can see...........lol.

the important thing is the girl wants to love and cherish the man, not have a house in her name................lol.

Well, let us all know how much success you have in finding a girl to rent who "loves and cherishes" you, and who is not concerned with providing for her future domestic security.

Haven't been here long, have you?

i come and go a lot.

i meant renting the house not the girl. by all means get married but y the need to build a house?

My wife and I actually live in Australia now. She comes from a good family, has a university degree, and certainly loves and respects me. However, I helped her parents buy a new house, the old one was on a funny title. Why not? I can afford it, and she as a good daughter has a responsibility to look after her parents who, after all, brought her into the world, and looked after her until she was old enough to look after herself.

If you want to have a good relationship with a Thai woman, expect to be asked to help her to support her family, unless they, or she, are pretty well off. Marriage in most Asian cultures includes helping your spouse meet her filial responsibilities.

Finally, renting a house is okay in the short-term, but it is not a long-term proposition. Good wives look to the long-term, which is a good thing to do.

My wife and I actually live in Australia now. She comes from a good family, has a university degree, and certainly loves and respects me. However, I helped her parents buy a new house, the old one was on a funny title. Why not? I can afford it, and she as a good daughter has a responsibility to look after her parents who, after all, brought her into the world, and looked after her until she was old enough to look after herself.

If you want to have a good relationship with a Thai woman, expect to be asked to help her to support her family, unless they, or she, are pretty well off. Marriage in most Asian cultures includes helping your spouse meet her filial responsibilities.

Finally, renting a house is okay in the short-term, but it is not a long-term proposition. Good wives look to the long-term, which is a good thing to do.

i like and agree with your statements Wamberal except for the expression "good family" (which in my view doesn't mean anything).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are a lot of threads like this about guys losing out to their Thai girlfriends or wives. But lets take a step back a minute. I have friends back in the U.K. who have seperated from their English wives and also got a raw deal. At best, you have to split everything 50 / 50 even if you have been the only one working and paying for everything. If children are involved things can be a lot worse. For example, a friend of mines wife was having an affair so their marriage broke down. He was very upset and hurt. But then his wife was awarded custody of the children so he had to move out of their home and could not sell it as it would have made his wife and children homeless. On top of this, he has to pay maintenance to his wife as she has the children. As for the new boyfriend, the only thing he has contributed has been a few million sperm !

My mother and Aunt asked me one day what on earth was wrong with Englishmen that they would stupidly buy their thai wives houses ?? I had to ask my mother who paid for our house and everthing in it ? Well...my father of course. I love my mother and did not want to hurt her but she got the point. It sounds corny but love is often blind and where there is no trust there is usually not much love. If you are the sort of guy who is likely to fall in love then you should take measures to protect yourself from yourself. As someone else put it in one of these threads, never invest more money here than you can afford to walk away from. Hope for the best but have a back up plan in case the worst happens.

No one is safe in any relationship with anyone. Relationships are spiritual adventures - thanks for your lessons learned!

Thta's true but...................the risk factor increases ten fold when you're in a relationship with a Thai because i'll tell you a secret, they ( & with they, i mean the VAST majority ) don't like you for you, they like you for the possibility that you will give them a lot of money...

Edited by MSingh

Well, there are a lot of threads like this about guys losing out to their Thai girlfriends or wives. But lets take a step back a minute. I have friends back in the U.K. who have seperated from their English wives and also got a raw deal. At best, you have to split everything 50 / 50 even if you have been the only one working and paying for everything. If children are involved things can be a lot worse. For example, a friend of mines wife was having an affair so their marriage broke down. He was very upset and hurt. But then his wife was awarded custody of the children so he had to move out of their home and could not sell it as it would have made his wife and children homeless. On top of this, he has to pay maintenance to his wife as she has the children. As for the new boyfriend, the only thing he has contributed has been a few million sperm !

My mother and Aunt asked me one day what on earth was wrong with Englishmen that they would stupidly buy their thai wives houses ?? I had to ask my mother who paid for our house and everthing in it ? Well...my father of course. I love my mother and did not want to hurt her but she got the point. It sounds corny but love is often blind and where there is no trust there is usually not much love. If you are the sort of guy who is likely to fall in love then you should take measures to protect yourself from yourself. As someone else put it in one of these threads, never invest more money here than you can afford to walk away from. Hope for the best but have a back up plan in case the worst happens.

But whose name was it in?

She should have kicked you to Kingdom come for even suggesting there was a comparison here!

I agree with this

except to explain what the middle class ones from good families are going after.

But whose name was it in?

She should have kicked you to Kingdom come for even suggesting there was a comparison here!

True enough, luckily for me my mother didn't get mad at the point I was trying to make which was that in general men ALWAYS get the short end of the stick when things go wrong. Ask Paul McCartney, he had to pay out a fortune to someone who added nothing to his career and he had only been married to for a ' short time '. Not to mention the guy who dressed up as Batman and broke into Buckingham Palace to attract publicity to the bad deal divorced men get in England. I'm not defending gold digging Thai women but it seems unfair to make blanket statements tarring them all with the same brush. What is it that brings all those Thai women to Pattaya ? The great seafood ? The beach ?

*sigh* - another wrinkly basher.

sigh, you and me both q. but you cant denie hes right. generaly.

I have a relationship with a Northern Thai Guy for the last 7 years and we have been through the worst situations together and also the good times, I have had assets including houses, land and cars plus also bank accounts and deposit boxes,jewelry,etc worth more than US 8 million under his name and yet we have never had a single problem as I know he will always be by my side. ( we are a gay couple but thats besides the point.)

oh dear 'PrBkkPr' :D

with an 8 million US dollar under your bf's name ; you NEVER have to worry about your 31-inch waistline :D

So; :D don't tink too mut na :D

BTW :don't start a very ""serious"" thread in " I am too fat" forum :D

IMHO :o ; you are too good to be true :D

Hi Zaza, drop me a Pm if u wanna catch up for coffee to see me in person...I did PM you once about your misleading referral to a good site to have tea and cakes ie: Al Majlis. I am serious and I am not the less offended...and I am sometimes bored and love trying new things or meeting interesting people like yourself. I will PM my phone contacts to you.

:D OMG;

I am a woman and not a man (although I am awful rude sometimes) :D !

So; Why on earth you are interested in meeting a person that is out of your orientation? :o

About Al-majlas ; I already apologized for it and asked the moderators to delete it and they'd kindly did.

and who give you this false impression to regard me as one of "interesting" people :D that you can enjoy meeting them when you are ''"bored""? :D you should ask my ex ; I could drive him to suicide by my dull boring personality :D

I posted this in the Real Estate Section. But, I would like everyone to know. This can happen to anyione. Things do change drastically.

Here's my experience on relationship with a livein and building a house and having a future.

I knew a TG for over 7 years. I lived with her for over 4 years, been with her for 3 years on my trips to LOS. When I decided to move to Thailand in February 2004 things were great with her. After about 10 months or so I decided to sell my condo in Jomtein (big mistake). So we decided to move up north by her home in the Phetchabun area. We built a excellent nice bungalow. Had everything there. Granite flooring countertops, satellite, all new furnishings for the house. The area was building up so there was a few things for farangs to do. I was leary on building a house in a TG's name so I had it put in a corporation. Then about a 1 1/2 years later my livein mentioned she had some land. We could build a house on it, cheaper and save some money from the sale of the house, I had built. I figured things were great and had no problems. So I sold the house and her relatives built a house. They did a horseshit job on building it. But, I hired a thai guy to come in and replace and fix the fuc_kups on the builders they did. So things were great. Life was good so far. Then about a 1/1/2 later she started getting moody. In January 2008 she started giving me the silent treatment. After a bit, I asked what's the problem. The response is "Nothing". So after 2 months or more of the cold treatment and her comng to bed at 1, 2 or 3 in the morning and being a starfish. I started getting mad. I was giving her around 7,000 or 8,000 baht a month. Which is good for up there. Since the average thai joe makes about 4,000 a month. So I told her, I don't give any money to someone I don't talk to and money to someone who doesn't want to come to bed. I kept asking her all the time. What is the problem and we could work things out. Still she would say nothing or just ignore me and walk away. So around April 1st. I didn't give her money. Then things really went bad. So I decided to move out. I had to get my stuff out of there. So a friend that lived by me bought some of the larger items and helped me get a truck to get out of there. When he was going to get the stuff. There was a problem. Even with receipts in my name for the beds, satellite, water tank pump, TV, tables, refrigerator, washer and other things. They are not mine. Because it's in her house. I finally worked out a deal with her. So I could sell the things. So I would have some cash to get the <deleted> out of the village. In the process on the day my friend and his wife came to pickup the stuff she brought a long a policeman to fill out a list of the things I could take. My girl had to sign it. Otherwise, if she didn't sign it. I couldn't sell it and I could not take anything. While signing, her mom was there and her mom was giving problems. Telling my girl what to do. So on that day most of the larger things were sold & my things I wanted were packed up in a pickup to move to Pattaya.

Finally I got a little response from the girl as to what the problem is. Her mom was finishing her thai boyfriend and she needed a place to live. So it's easier to give me the boot and let her mom have the house. Since her mom has the house, my girl is now in BKK working with her sister. I told her why she didn't tell me this before. If she needed more cash I could give her more and we could have worked out things between us. There was no working out. Her mom wanted the house, more money and everything. I told her I could give more money to her so she could give it to her mom. Her 2 sisters could give some to her mom and her useless brother could send some money to her mom. But, no way. I am a farang so her sisters and brother don't have to. I think her mom has told her 2 daughters to also finish there thai husbands. So she could get more money.

Here is a good example or two on how f****n bullshit before the move. I was cleaning up the house because I knew I was leaving. So I seen a recycling guy in a truck to stop by. Take the plastic (a lot of Pepsi Max bottles), scrap steel that sat by the house for 8 months and some empty coffee cans from the states that was in a cupboard for over a year. Her mom seen them come by and she flipped out. My girl came and said why are you selling now. I just said I was cleaning things up so it wouldn't look like junk around there. Her mom was still mad. But I did get 300 baht from the recycle guy. I was also told my girl and her mom took my motorbike to a motorcycle shop to see what they could get. Good thing my bike was in my name. She couldn't sell it.

So after everything is done & over. Seven years with a girl you have been with. Who you think really loves you and trust. Will give you the walking papers in a flash of a eye. Or her mom tells her daughter to finish you immediately. I lose a house approximately 600,000 to 700,000 baht, a Nissan car that needs to be fixed, my mental health was f****d (didn't have much to begin with) and a few other things.

My advice to anyone. No one is safe with a thai girl with a relationship. They will try to get as much as you can. In building a house for board members up north or a girls village. Expect to lose as much as you can afford. Or as much as you can walk away.

I will also put a disclaimer on this. Not all girls will do this. There are some good girls out there. Good luck to everyone one with there relationship and building a house. You might be in the same situation. After the house is done. So are you.

I haven't talked to my ex livein for awhile. I did talk to a thai lawyer and showed him all the receipts and everything. He said no problem. That I would win in court. He said he would call the girl and talk to her. He told her about my rights and what I could do. He said he will call her back in a couple days. So she can think about everything. Then ask her for a agreeable agreement between both of us.
Larryst. I hope that you are going to take this woman to court to get what's yours, back.

Eric1949 (suing a thai lady) seems to be doing just fine with his problem.

Don't let her and her family get away with it. :o

So Larryst, how's it going with the Lawyer now! Give us an update.

I haven't talked to my ex livein for awhile. I did talk to a thai lawyer and showed him all the receipts and everything. He said no problem. That I would win in court. He said he would call the girl and talk to her. He told her about my rights and what I could do. He said he will call her back in a couple days. So she can think about everything. Then ask her for a agreeable agreement between both of us.
Larryst. I hope that you are going to take this woman to court to get what's yours, back.

Eric1949 (suing a thai lady) seems to be doing just fine with his problem.

Don't let her and her family get away with it. :o

So Larryst, how's it going with the Lawyer now! Give us an update.

Current update: The letter was sent. I'm not sure if she got it yet. The lawyer did send one to her, one copy to her mom and one copy to her village chief or administrator. I should get a response soon (I think). I'll also be in the lawyers office on June 2nd. To see if he heard anything from her. I will keep an update as to what's going on.