Muay Thai Website

I created this website because before I came to Thailand I had 100 questions - if not more. I used to think it would be near impossible, leaving my home country to come train in Thailand.

I have since found out how easy it is and wish to help people do the same thing themselves by providing information I could not find before I came out here.

http://www.muaythaiboy.com

I'm also looking for articles to write, so feel free to email / PM me with suggestions of things you want to know about training / living in Thailand and I'll see what I can do!

Youve got some interesting articles in there and im sure they will be very helpful for people who are thinking of coming over here to train. Ive been here two years now and would love to give muaythai a go but at 26 I reckon it might be a bit to late to start.

I had 4 MMA fights back in the UK and 2 Kickboxing fights in England. Training in England is NOTHING compared too Thailand. all MMA fights were semi-pro, won 2, lost 2. Kickboxing 1 and 1. So I think I'm a pretty good person to write an article on Muay Thai, I have good experience, but I am by no means a 'prodigy' of the sport and I am by no means awful at it. I'm a typical guy, who has only just taken the sport 'seriously'... :o

I hate reading articles by someone who has won say 35 fights and won nearly all of them, because I think... well this guy is on another level to me and therefore his experiences will be irrelavent to me, you know? I much prefer reading articles by people who have trained about the same length as me, maybe a bit more and give their opinions.

Obviously advice is better from people more experienced, but articles based on experience are better by people your level :D

No it is not, I've trained in bangkok, Samui and Puket... however Samui long term right now. I'm off to Fairtex in August and then Chieng Mai next year followed by Pai.

Thanks for all the kind comments too.

My aim is to live in Thailand for 3-5 years and then go back to England and fight professionally, we'll see how it goes. I'm gonna fight in Samui hopefully the end of July. I won't go into details on my income, but currently I make enough to live here and I get a bit through freelance work on writing, graphics, etc... It's a good life :o I love Thailand.

nah, didn't like WMC. It was alright, but too much sparring and no Thai people. I prefer to train and speak with Thai's, why go all the way to Thailand to train with Westerners? :D

The trainers at WMC however are wonderful people and I really got on well with them, it is just that because so many people were there it was hard to get pad time, etc, etc you know? SuperPro and Pinyo are much better if you want a Thai experience, WMC is still a VERY good gym though, it depends what you want I guess :o

Edited by Aplin

• 5 months later...
Youve got some interesting articles in there and im sure they will be very helpful for people who are thinking of coming over here to train. Ive been here two years now and would love to give muaythai a go but at 26 I reckon it might be a bit to late to start.

Hey Jared its never too late...my mate was over 35 and she trained and fought in BKK and was champion S-1 I am going back soon too for fighting and i will be 26 next year :o

Hi

That is a a great little Muay Thai web site you have.

I look forward to reading more updates, you should get plenty of review of different camps too.

I live in Pattaya, now in 2005 I went to Fairtex in Bangna (Bang Phi) south almost out of Bangkok.

the trainers where very nice, I was into kickboxing & krav maga & did a bit of muay thai in ireland,

but I was not into the sport, whose champion etc, I just liked training.

I found, the training here, good on the pad man work, but once that was done, most foreigners there

especially those with no boxing experience, did a few rounds of pads, that was it, no clinch, no bag work,

as the trainers never bother other than the pad work, which is not fair really.

Plus the area was in the middle of an industrial area, & nothing to do, another martial arts contact

talked me into going last minute back then, so we did not know about any other camps. like

kombat group in pattaya, which is good, & you can go to the beach & all that fun stuff too.

So I would say, get others to write reviews of camps, & training gyms, etc, which is good for serious fighter,

which camp better for the 50 year old man who wants to come for 2 weeks.

I ll write ya one on my year up in NongKee Patyhuth in Nong Ki in Burriram, in 2006 where Nampon & Nambukan came from

& is certainly not on the tourist trail, that was interesting, 2 hours of clinch a day. Master Pramote, a gentleman & I think for

the number of champions over the years, which i think some Thai people measure it, Sityodthing had 24 champs & is No 1

in thailand that way, & 10 champs at No 2 NongKee Patyhuth , (do not ask me the details, that what I was told by many thai people),l

Good luck with your site, I ll read it on the weekend.

Cheers

Gerry

kravmagathailand