Problem With Atm Cards

The last 2 days i have not been able to take any money from any ATM using my Paypal or Bank of American ATM cards (tried 5 or 6 different banks). Each time i get a "Transaction Canceled" type message.

I've check my cards online and they are all marked as active (not lost/stolen), I normally take money every week for the last 2 years.

Has anyone else had any difficulties in the last few days, or is it just me?

Just waiting for the US to wake up and then hopefully i can call and find out what's up.

You may have been "Red Flagged" in which case you'll need to phone your Bank with your Security number and answer a couple of question concerning withdrawl from ATM's in Thailand. This is a precaution to stop Fraudsters using your card without you knowing about it. Western banks get nervous about ATM's in Thailand being used too frequently, and this is one way to check it's actually you that is useing your card. Hope this helps.

You may have been "Red Flagged" in which case you'll need to phone your Bank with your Security number and answer a couple of question concerning withdrawl from ATM's in Thailand. This is a precaution to stop Fraudsters using your card without you knowing about it. Western banks get nervous about ATM's in Thailand being used too frequently, and this is one way to check it's actually you that is useing your card. Hope this helps.

I have an HSBC Premier account and about one time in 3 I get the transaction cancelled message and I have to call them and tell to take off the block.

Every time they apologise and say they've put a note on my account that I'm in Thailand, then a couple of days later I have to make the call again.

Thailand obviously has a really serious ATM fraud problem as the banks are hyper paranoid