Tell Me

MrAverage

Just come on over, the people who advise you not to come here , what is that about anyway, you wont be the first one to come here not knowing much, the fact that you ask is a first sign of intelligence :o

Most of the diamond industry is not really in Bkk city (exc for the traders) but about 30' by car from BKK.

Read Thailand Culture Shock, use some common sense and take some time to adjust,

You can get your social security through DOSZ/OSOM, the Belgian overseas social security agency. You can do it through the company or by yourself,

Yes I work in Antwerp, I'm a diamondgrader. But I live in the country, just half an hour drive from Antwerp.

They want me to teach diamondgrading to a bunch of people who will eventually grade the diamonds of their own cut. So they can sort them out by clarity and due so also by price.

I don't need drugs to have fun, I'd lie when I'd say I don't do drugs occasionally, but it sticks with a couple of joints, nothing more, defenitly no addiction or whatsoever... I just can't drink alcohol, I medicly can't stand it. That explanes the joints a little bit, sertain when you know it is not illegal here (it's not legal either, but anyway...). Maybe I'm just looking for some alternatives, anyhow, that's not the main issue here. Main issue is; how  Thailand welcomes his foreigners? (non-Tourist) And how do the foreigners like Thailand?

Grtz

MrAverage :D

Mr. Average~

Just so you should know that Thais look down on someone who smokes pot if that's your drug of choice. Puffing on the 'ol reefer is considered to be very "low-class" a poor-man's high. :o

Coming from people who get shitfaced on Mekong and Samsong. I'd say huffing solvents would be the poor man's high. Ganja is for the gods.

But I don't want to stay just in Belgium, Belgium is a small country with smallminded people...I'm ready to explore my possibilities and explore the world! I'm not scared for a little adventure, as long as I'm having fun in my life, nothing will stop me!

Grtz

MrAverage :o

Well if you want a change come to Thailand if not stay in belgium Nightlife is cool but definately stay away from the drugs or you can kiss that job goodbye and also yourself.

The country is beautiful and the people are very nice. What have you heard about thailand?? Did you do any research?? check the internet??

If your contract is only 6 months. Go for it. It takes a while to get use to and a while to find the right places to go out. Everyone should experience living in a different culture at least once in their lives.

If you know someone in BKK it makes it easier.

What scene are you into?

Mr. Average~

Just so you should know that Thais look down on someone who smokes pot if that's your drug of choice.  Puffing on the 'ol reefer is considered to be very "low-class" a poor-man's high. :o

Coming from people who get shitfaced on Mekong and Samsong. I'd say huffing solvents would be the poor man's high. Ganja is for the gods.

:D:D

Come to LOS

I've just to get used to:

1) In LOS there is no traffic Jam as in the countryside of Belgium

2) Also the wheather is different and you will never enjoy anymore the wonderful winter of North Europe, leaving home in the morning when is dark and the road is iced, coming back at 5 p.m. when is already dark and the ice still there waiting for your car ....

Now if you want some fun you have to drive to Amsterdam (unless you've a lot of money to waste in Brux), in LOS you can have fun everywhere, but don't touch the drug!!!!

It's mine