Rental In Nai Harn

nicholasmerwood

Hey guys,

wondering how much for a rental in Nai Harn per month...pretty basic is O.K within five minutes drive to the beach would be good. Looking at 2-4 months rent. Don't need luxury, cooking appliances would be nice though. All the prices I can find on the net are expensive..Any less than 10,000Baht/month??

cheers.

HI

Not sure if there is any under 10k, but never say never, Nai Harn seems expensive now, go for a ride there and look around, its low season

You can definitely find a room for much less than that, but for just 2-4 months it might be tough, but if you knock on enough doors, you'll probably find something.

Hey guys,

All the prices I can find on the net are expensive..Any less than 10,000Baht/month??

cheers.

No way. I look around for my friend.

Minimum price for a bungalow (about 50 sqmt) near the Areu Corner (2 mnt to naiharn beach) was 15.000 a month. For a more confortable house (2 rooms with aircon, 2 bahtroom) was for 1 month 30.000 baht.....

For less than 10.000 baht you only can find a room but two months in a room (with rain season coming) it is like to be in jail... :o

Edited by greenwater

Go yo Nai Harn beach, go through the hotel [road underneath] there is a small beach [Ao Yang I think it is called], there are a row small beachside houses there and they are very cheap, ask at the restaurant, they rent them out. I think they are cool.

Go yo Nai Harn beach, go through the hotel [road underneath] there is a small beach [Ao Yang I think it is called], there are a row small beachside houses there and they are very cheap, ask at the restaurant, they rent them out. I think they are cool.

That's Ao Sane after driving under the yacht club or whatever it's called now, but those are just tiny rooms attached to the restaurant with no air.  Now the new (on illegal gov't land ) places, seem much nicer and I would think much more expensive.

Well, 10,000/month is definately the higher end of my budget. I'm trying to decide if I will stay in Chiang Mai or Phuket - never been to Chiang Mai, been to phuket several times stayed there for a month last time. Phuket feels like my second home and I love the beaches there, but I know Chiang Mai is heaps cheaper. I guess another beach in Phuket would suffice...or an area close to another beach. Umm....any area within 5-10 minute drive from the following beaches -

Nai harn

Rawai

Kata Noi

Any other beach like this :o

I've heard Chalong is good. Close to everything. But once again, with only 10,000Baht /month for accommodation I guess I can't find much, and i would get much better in Chiang Mai.

there are plenty of places for under 10K if you dont want a full on farang place

friend has a small "bungalow", private wall, gated, kitchen area, fridge, aircon, lounge, bedroom 8k a month

just get out and about, plenty especially as its coming into low season there just need to do the legwork

I usually base myself in Chalong, stay at YHA on Chow Fah Rd, initially, and look around, if only there a week, I stay there, good place, but a bit out of the way.

I usually hire a scooter from my fave bar, so where it is is irrelevant.

Being a regular, I get a double room at single rate, lucky being a mature person.......LOL

http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index...n=hosteldetails

Have looksee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Chiang Mai, love it up there, half the price of Bangers for most everything and heaps to do.

Spicythai Backpackers my base there. Not exactly central, but 20 baht bus???? ride to main shopping or markets clubs etc.

Going back in a few months, yaaaaas. Take o/nite sleeper train, get lower berth, food on board pretty good considering and save a nite accommodation.

The guy who runs it, Pong, is a great host, goes to great lemgths to make a stay fun.

Another excellent place to stay whilst you look around, mainly dorms, no worry to me, ususally only stay about 4 nites, go on treks etc.

Very friendly, lotta fun when I have been there. Go looksee.

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/thail...iang-mai/15486/#

Edited by Zpete

Chalong has plenty of places for under 10,000. Might not be as nice as living in nai harn or on the western side of the island though.

For somebody on a budget I would highly recommend Krabi/Ao Nang. Tons of basic bungalows for 3-5,000. I have friends who have lived there for yrs and love it. The nightlife is slowly growing and certainly comparable to the nai harn/rawai area of phuket. The cheap beach-bum lifestyle is still alive and well in Ao Nang(even though its developed quite a bit in the last few yrs). Plus you are only 2 hrs or so from Phuket when you need some bright lights.

Personally I'd give Chaing Mai a miss. Horrible pollution and no beach are my main reasons.

I live in Rawai and there are places around. Best for you just to come and look around as they come and go.

A house two doors up from mine was up for rent last week for 7,000 baht. It sat vacant about 2-3 days.

It's low season, i see lots of signs out but of course, they don't mention prices. Just gotta ask.

Yeah I really can't decide between Chiang Mai and Phuket; but no beach in Chiang Mai is gonna be depressing. Prolly end up in Phuket - just hope i can still get some decent thai lunch for 25-30 Baht. I won't be coming till September anyway so prices may change by then. I'll come check out Chiang Mai and Southern/South-East Phuket before i decide. Krabi is another option.....oh well here comes google!

:D Hello.

I have tre differents sizes apartments for rent in Sai Yuan at the moment - one studio, one two room and one tre room.

prices start from 6500 B 7500 B and 9000 B ( these prices is for a min 6 months contract )

Check www.phuketindex/bigsmile can be seen on google earth

electric by meter 6 bath a KW. kabeltv is extra 400 bath/ month wireless internet 500 B a month

The apartment are furnish newly painted patio, aircon fan kichen garden with sala and BBQ and guesthouse app. 10 min. from Kata, Naiharn and Rawai beaches

Hobe to se you

Bo :o Big Smile Bungalow Sai Yuan Rawai 0862743060

Hi ,

There are rooms a plenty within your price range. My friend stays in Rawai about equal distance from Nai harn and Rawai beaches.

Fully furnished

One bedroom

small kitchen

aircon

cable tv

small front patio area

electric and water inclusive in the 7,000 baht monthy rent.

It is off the main road down a quiet soi.

Choppy

One thing to note is that even with leases, some of these place do raise prices in the high season. So be sure to ask before signing.

That is, if your lease ends in the middle of the high season (Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb), you might find that the following month's rent is higher than what you have been paying.

Edited by Macx

Ah its definately between the following

Ao Nang (or alternative nice area near Krabi), Ao Sane (near Nai Harn), Chalong, or Phuket City. My missus is worried about living in Phuket - she rekons some famous budha predicted there was going to be another tsunami haha. :o

• 2 months later...
www.yanui2.com or contact Sven Knorr, he is a rental agent that looks after the Rawai/Nai harn Area.

Svenknorr "AT" gmx.de

Looks realy nice - apart from the price tag (29,000THB/month for the smallest one). Anybody know of something around this area, with a monthly rental less than 15,000THB/month? We don't really need a service apartment cuz were not that lazy but a small kitchen would be nice. I guess the cheap places don't have websites. Have to check it all out when i arrive. Only 4 months to go! :o

www.phuketgazette.com and look under classifieds,

or email the real estate guy (sven knorr) and tell him your situation and see if he can find anything for you. I suggest Rawai may be more affordable for you near the Mosque and dons Cafe.

Chok Dee

Edited by muaythaifarang

Chiang Mai and Pattaya have one thing in common - you either love them or hate them. (For totally different reasons, I can't stand either of them.) Krabi's okay, but why base yourself there when it's an easy day trip from Phuket? In Phuket, for the price you are seeking, the suggestion that you broaden your range of locations is spot on.

Anybody know of something around this area, with a monthly rental less than 15,000THB/month?
On my daily motorbike round in the area I just saw at least 10 houses for rent. A couple were nice villas with pool m but the majority were normal bungalows, which means the prices should be under 15,000 Baht. The best way to find something is by simply driving around and looking around.