Documentaries

Marshy

I watched a show called Vanishing Giants about the elephants of Thailand. Anything about LOS is of great interest to me. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find films, documentaries or anything visual about the country, cities,

Temples, nightlife, etc. Its boring to just read all the time.

:o

When I had my Thai Restaurant in London, I went to the Thai Embassy and asked for promotional material. They gave me several wads of colour booklets and some videos - I had this playing without sound over the checkout/bar. The video was basically clips and snap shots of views and places in Thailand set to traditional music. Very visual but not a documentary.

Assume you are not in Thailand (or you could just lookout the window!) - if you are in the UK you could get the Free-2-air Thai-TV5 - need a separate dish for this as it is non-Astra. Mostly your run of the mill incomprehendable Thai Game shows and 'same old plot' mini-seirials, but often have English language documentaries and they do a holiday type thing where a couple of Farangs visit parts of Thailand and tell you all about them - I think its daily, but haven't caught it much. Don't know if you can get TV5 from the States though (?).

Hi Wolf and others,

if you just want to see Thai channel 5 goto www.tv5.th.co

if you have RealPlayer on your computer, which you can get from www.real.com , anway, goto Realplayers website and you can download the software for free, and then if you goto the tv5 website you can watch live streaming video of the channel, its sort of small but its a good time and completely free!

let me know what you think.

joshua