Any Other Ebayers? 3 Yrs Exp Usa Need Thai Info

Are there any others doing eBay here, I need info on where to buy shipping supplies etc and it would be nice to speak with someone experienced using the Thai Postal system in Bangkok. I have 3 years full time experience doing eBay in USA. I am planning to ship apparel (individual shirts, skirts, pants, etc)...

Let's exchange info, contact me if you need help doing eBay start up.

I lived in Pattaya 2 years; now planning set up shop in Bkk. Looking for a nice 45-55 meter apt near BTS etc with internet and farang TV (any recommendations in the 12-14K range would be appreciated, anyone know about Lumpini Ville). I have 3 years full time eBay and 15 years experience running an advertising and printing design shop. Looking for others interested in ecommerce, art, photography and fashion. Thanks!

Best bet is to simply use the post office supplies (envelopes, boxes etc) which are available in different sizes. If you're planning to sell copy t-shirts etc then I'd advice against it as ebay will close you down in a heartbeat. 2 of my friends did the same thing and were shut down quickly. One of them also had a legitimate ebay business which was also shut down by ebay as it was registered under the same name. If they shut you down, they will also have paypal freeze your account which means that all the funds available at that time will be lost. You won't be able to open a new ebay account using your own name in the future if this happens.

Tompa,

I was shut down 3 times running my eBay biz out of Dallas in 2004 for selling LV and Brighton knock off watches and bags, I promised to be a good boy and they let me back on. So, now I only plan to sell generic, non specific, no name brand clothing items, etc. But, I will need boxes made or existing small flat boxes for shipping shirts, skirts, dresses and accessories. Plus, I would like to know if there is any way to print out postage like the way stamps.com works, for Thailand and other nuances about working with the Thai Post system.

Best bet is to simply use the post office supplies (envelopes, boxes etc) which are available in different sizes. If you're planning to sell copy t-shirts etc then I'd advice against it as ebay will close you down in a heartbeat. 2 of my friends did the same thing and were shut down quickly. One of them also had a legitimate ebay business which was also shut down by ebay as it was registered under the same name. If they shut you down, they will also have paypal freeze your account which means that all the funds available at that time will be lost. You won't be able to open a new ebay account using your own name in the future if this happens.

Tompa,

For 12-14 K why not rent a town house? There is a townhouse across from mine in our Moo ban in that price range. We are on Sukhumvit 71 not to far from Prakanong skytrain station.

Let me know if ou want to take a look at the place.

Posting from Thailand can be expensive, I did the Ebay thing some time ago and unless you send things by EMS you will 'lose' up to 30% of them. I found that most people aren't prepared to pay the extra for EMS (starting at 900 Baht) so I used to send recorded delivery, even with that the number of parcels that never arrived were huge. That means a refund or send another one, all adding to your costs. If you claim from Thai Post you will have to wait for 3 months before they do anything and then there is a maximum you can claim which doesn't really cover your costs.

The best way round it is to have a distributor somewhere and send a 25kg box by DHL or the like and then your distributor sends on from there, a bit more expensive but at least your parcels will arrive.

Bottom line Thai Post is completely useless

Posting from Thailand can be expensive, I did the Ebay thing some time ago and unless you send things by EMS you will 'lose' up to 30% of them. I found that most people aren't prepared to pay the extra for EMS (starting at 900 Baht) so I used to send recorded delivery, the number of parcels that never arrived were huge. That means a refund or send another one, all adding to your costs. If you claim from Thai Post you will have to wait for 3 months before they do anything and then there is a maximum you can claim which doesn't really cover your costs. Bottom line Thai Post is completely useless

WOW, is Thai Post really that bad, I see many Thai eBay vendors stating they use international air mail with good feedback posts, maybe the service has improved? Yes, most people do not want to pay for EMS or UPS on small items that cost $20-50, so that is why I have not attempted to do eBay before. If their item does not arrive, you get charge backs from Paypal and end up loosing money without a tracking number. But, I was will to take this risk if I could get 95% reliable delivery service from the Thai Post...

I've sent thousands of parcels by Thai registered mail and have only lost a few. I have other friends who also use them with similar success. The shipping time to the US is usually around 2-3 weeks, while to some European countries it's as quick as 5 days! I also use Fedex to the US which is around 800 baht per package after you negotiate a discount rate with fedex. These arrive in about 3-4 days.

The only problem with Thai post I've had is when customer return goods here. I've lost 3 parcels worth over $2500 which have been stolen at the local post office. These were instances when customer wrote the content on the envelope so the post guy could see that it contained valuables (not a smart idea by the customer).

If a parcel is lost by Thai post it takes quite a long time to recover it. They also only cover up to 1000 baht per parcel.

Tompa,

Posting from Thailand can be expensive, I did the Ebay thing some time ago and unless you send things by EMS you will 'lose' up to 30% of them. I found that most people aren't prepared to pay the extra for EMS (starting at 900 Baht) so I used to send recorded delivery, even with that the number of parcels that never arrived were huge. That means a refund or send another one, all adding to your costs. If you claim from Thai Post you will have to wait for 3 months before they do anything and then there is a maximum you can claim which doesn't really cover your costs.

The best way round it is to have a distributor somewhere and send a 25kg box by DHL or the like and then your distributor sends on from there, a bit more expensive but at least your parcels will arrive.

I disagree- I have had nothing but good luck when posting via the Thai Postal service regular Air Service. Maybe your bad experience had to do with your particular post office/area who was having a blast with the falang sent packages

as for the other comment about return packages- I agree - I wouldn't trust stuff to get sent in either.

How do the Thai Authorities look upon farang based in Thailand selling via the internet?

Could selling on the internet be classed as 'working'?

To do this legally would you require a work visa?

Would it make a difference if you used a Thai bank account or a bank account in your home country for receiving payments?

Thanks for any input.

I think someone is trying to put you off the idea, treading on ones turf, so to speak.

Yeah, for a lot of people who aren't allowed to work legally, this is their bread and butter (well, their crumbs and butter anyway). And I'm sure they know the market can only support so many people selling gems, eel skin wallets, knock-off football jersies, etc. so the "turn you off" pitch is common, so much so that one sometimes hears foreigners "warning" each other in public. That said, once in a long while some folks selling illegal stuff do get made an example of, but indeed that is pretty rare.... it has to be during a time when all the real criminals by some coincidence get their tea money paid and there's no one else to bust.

:o

Sent item as a SMALL PACKET from the post office and will save heaps of money plus add the 55baht registered mail service so can track it to make sure it left thailand. I ship approx 100 clothing items a week at the moment in connection with ebay

where all do u ship, UK, USA?

Sent item as a SMALL PACKET from the post office and will save heaps of money plus add the 55baht registered mail service so can track it to make sure it left thailand. I ship approx 100 clothing items a week at the moment in connection with ebay

• 4 weeks later...
Are there any others doing eBay here, I need info on where to buy shipping supplies etc and it would be nice to speak with someone experienced using the Thai Postal system in Bangkok. I have 3 years full time experience doing eBay in USA. I am planning to ship apparel (individual shirts, skirts, pants, etc)...

Let's exchange info, contact me if you need help doing eBay start up.

I lived in Pattaya 2 years; now planning set up shop in Bkk. Looking for a nice 45-55 meter apt near BTS etc with internet and farang TV (any recommendations in the 12-14K range would be appreciated, anyone know about Lumpini Ville). I have 3 years full time eBay and 15 years experience running an advertising and printing design shop. Looking for others interested in ecommerce, art, photography and fashion. Thanks!

im trying to find someone to send me wholesale quantities of thialand brands - i have two spacific brands in mind even n even know where to get them...

looking for a thia partner.

contact me on [email protected]

• 9 months later...

Hellop everybody , I m currently live in Pattaya some mounths , I want find someone do business from thailand trought ebay or e-commerce , i have some good ebay account and e-commerce , maybe some english or american want expand business in Italy , Spain , France , i speak these language , if you are interested contact me , by mail or 08 56994367, i can meet you!

Roby

• 2 weeks later...

Hello , I m Italian currenltly live in Pattaya , there are 10 years business in e-commerce , ebay , i speak italian and spanish very well, english , i undesrtand french , i have organization and knowledge te sell in all europe , if someone are interested to do business with me , please contact .

Roberto