Getting Married On A Tourist Visa In Australia?

is it possable to get married to my thai GF while she is here on a tourist visa?

we want to get married in just a court house so we will be able to apply for the temp and perm spouse visa and have a real 'wedding' when we have more time to organise one.

if any one can help me find infomation on how we can do this, it would be fantastic!

thanks for the help!!

Sean

is it possable to get married to my thai GF while she is here on a tourist visa?

we want to get married in just a court house so we will be able to apply for the temp and perm spouse visa and have a real 'wedding' when we have more time to organise one.

if any one can help me find infomation on how we can do this, it would be fantastic!

thanks for the help!!

Sean

You can get married in Australia on a 676 visa but it would be doubtful if you could apply onshore, she would have to return to Thailand and apply.

However you should enquire at a DIAC office in Australia and they will give you all the information you require on the matter.

Much more informative and helpful than DIAC at the Australian Embassy.

thanks for the help!!

Sean

Talk to the DIAC first. You maybe able to apply for SUB CLASS 820 Visa on the grounds of a Defacto Relationship.

I got married in Thailand there is no paperwork to say I am married. We applied for a Visa in Australia when she was on a Class TR Visitor Sub Class 676 . The agent said even if we had the Marriage Certified you still have to jump through all the hoops.

Find a good agent and Good Luck.

thanks for the help!!

Sean

David is right.........

No problem having a civil wedding here.....but it doesnt entitle her to stay here....she will have to return to apply for the temp res visa.

No problem to marry on tourist visa. If you intend to marry at the Registry Office in Oz make sure you download all the documents and lodge them well ahead of time. You will need to get some documents copied and certified here in Thailand.

No problem to marry on tourist visa. If you intend to marry at the Registry Office in Oz make sure you download all the documents and lodge them well ahead of time. You will need to get some documents copied and certified here in Thailand.

Month and 1 day for the notice of intent to marry

She will need her passport

A Stat Dec stating that she is free to marry would help.

The Registrar or Civil Celebrant can give you good advice on what is needed....

I have done this as has a couple of other mates.....no further documents were required from Thailand.

We have just registered with BDM Victoria to marry at the Registry Office. We had to have our signatures witnessed at the Embassy in Bangkok on the Intent to Marry form and send it down to the registry with ID docs before they would book a time and date for the service.

We have just registered with BDM Victoria to marry at the Registry Office. We had to have our signatures witnessed at the Embassy in Bangkok on the Intent to Marry form and send it down to the registry with ID docs before they would book a time and date for the service.

I take it you are in Thailand at the moment and setting up to wed in Oz in the near future...Seanfranc is currently in Oz so it is a different situation.

But it is handy to know your situation as well.